Apartment/chalet for family of 4 in/around Lucerne

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 April 2018 at 11:34:49 #815439

Would very much like recommendations for an apartment or chalet in the Luzern (Lucerne) region. We are traveling by train. I have reviewed the official recommendations from this forum on hotels in the area. I am hoping to have a lake/mountain view. We don’t have to be actually in Luzern itself I don’t mind one of the smaller towns. Feeling lost after days of searching. Traveling first week of September and we are a family of 4

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 April 2018 at 17:18:02 #882766

Hi Travelmama,

Other than the hotels we recommend in Luzern here, I don’t have personal recommendations for Luzern. Have you used the search engines we have listed here to find chalets and apartments as well?

Hopefully other forum members will offer their personal insight as well. 🙂

Arno
    15482 posts
    20 April 2018 at 18:29:38 #882767

Hello Travelmama,

Once you’ve gone through Lucas’s links and didn’t find anything that suits you, please post your exact travel dates here, as well as your budget. That helps providing appropriate suggestions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 April 2018 at 0:34:46 #882768

>> We don’t have to be actually in Luzern itself I don’t mind one of the smaller towns.

Before booking, make sure you are aware of the following:

• where your preferred accommodation is in relation to transport
    • how frequent the service is (including evenings and weekends if relevant)
    • what time the first and last services of the day run
    • how long it will take you to get to the places you plan to visit while staying there, including transfers and waiting time between transfers

You can look up the address of your proposed accommodation in Google Maps, then zoom in to find nearby railway stations and bus stops. If you hover the mouse over the bus stop or railway station logo (or tap it on a hand-held device), it will give you details about the official name of the stop, and for buses, the number/s of the bus routes that stop there. You can then use that information in the official Swiss Timetable to find out how to get there, and to plan trips to places you plan to visit from there.

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

(Use the timetable on the right with the red SBB logo)

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 April 2018 at 3:07:19 #882769

My family of 4 just got back from Switzerland, and we stayed in a fabulous AirBnB in Lucerne, right near lake, near Chapel Bridge, and not far from railroad station . Two bedrooms, two baths, wonderful kitchen and incredible view of a plaza of buildings from 1600’s. If you have not found a place, let me know and I can send you the link.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 April 2018 at 14:21:34 #882770

can you please share the link to that place ….might want to go with the same ….have similar requirements….thanks

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2018 at 3:28:36 #882771

http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2 1579387

It is “Hirschen 5 – Luxury historic Old Town apartment. The host is Patrik. Tell him the Fleming family from Colorado told you about it. The location is great. Beautiful views of the plaza. So much room to enjoy your stay in Luzern.

Regards,

Flem1386

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2018 at 11:55:48 #882772

Please, send the link, we are going to Lucerne for 4 days.

Thank You.

• The thread ‘Apartment/chalet for family of 4 in/around Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.