Best rail pass Zurich, Lucerne, Jungfrau region?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 March 2019 at 3:03:55 #820519

Hello all!

I have been really struggling with understanding which rail pass will be better suited for my trip.

I have copied and pasted a copy of my daily itinerary below. I have also attached a print screen of the rail pass spreadsheet which i have filled in.

I just wanted to see if someone could double check that I didn’t miss any rail/cable car journeys in the spreadsheet that I have stated in my itinerary.

If someone could also double check the prices I have provided in the spreadsheet, as I struggled finding some prices and therefore got prices from past years and am not sure if they are 100% accurate.

If anyone has any better recommendations about the passes please let me know. I know the Swiss Travel Pass is the recommended pass, but it seems from my calculations that it is the most expensive option for me, so I’m not sure if I did something wrong or if its just more expensive because of the activities I plan on doing.

Thank you!

26 June 2019:

Morning : Arrive in Zurich

Depart Zurich > Lucerne

Depart Lucerne > Interlaken

Interlaken to Grindelwald

Afternoon: Arrive in Grindelwald

Check in and drop luggage off at hotel

Explore Grindelwald & have lunch

Head to Pfingstegg cable car (last cable car – 7pm)

Pfingstegg toboggans

Head back to room to rest before going out to dinner/drinks in Grindelwald.

27 June 2019:

Morning: Take the first train from Grindelwald to Lauterbrunnen

Walk through the valley of Lauterbrunnen and visit Trummelbach Falls and continue walking until Stechelberg station.

Catch bus back to

Take cable car from Lauterbrunnen to Wengen

Afternoon: Walk half way through Wengen Village to take Wengen–Männlichen gondola

Take the Panoramaweg hiking trail from Mannlichen to Kleine Scheidegg

Restaurant Grindelwaldblick

Take train from Kleine Scheidegg back to Grindelwald.

28 June 2019:

Morning: Purchase tickets for Jungfraujoch

Grindelwald to Kleine Schidegg cable car

From Kleine Schidegg take the Jungfrau Railway to Jungfraujoch

Either bring lunch or have lunch on top of the mountain

Get railway back to Grindelwald

Afternoon: Get the ‘First’ Gondola up the mountain and do First Cliff Walk

Then do the hike to Lake Bachalpsee (last cable car back to Grindelwald is at 5:30)

Get railway back to Grindelwald

• The thread ‘Best rail pass Zurich, Lucerne, Jungfrau region?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.