3-day Swiss Travel Pass or Flex for Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 April 2018 at 15:15:18 #815150

Hi

I am travelling to Interlakken next week and three days I will be visiting various places and wondered what was best to get the Swiss Travel Pass for three days or the Travel Flex pass.

Looking at the different options it seemed the Swiss Travel Pass offered the most and then after this came the Travel Flex.

However when I looked at prices it says it is 188 Euros per person for the travel pass and then 217 Euros per person for the travel flex? is this right?

Another question I have, is that I am travelling with my two children aged 3 and 6. I know the 3 year old is free but the 6 year old is too as they are my child, but do I need to get a family pass as I couldn’t see this option when I looked at the prices on the web site.

Any help is greatly appreciated as I am confusing myself!!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 April 2018 at 17:15:59 #881007

Hi Gemlloyd and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, the Swiss Travel Pass Flex is more expensive that the Swiss Travel Pass. The Flex lets you pick any 3 days in a month to use it, whereas the Swiss Travel Pass would be consecutive use and is therefore less expensive.

Yes, you will need to order (for free) the Swiss Family Pass for your older child. You can do this during the order process for whichever of the rail passes above you choose to buy.

If you want to know for sure which pass is the best for your specific itinerary you need to plan out all trips you will make (train, bus, boat, cable car) and compare the prices for regular tickets to the rail pass price (and which routes/mountains are free or discounted). Once you have that information you can read our page here on how to choose the best rail pass. There is a spreadsheet there to help with the math. 🙂

• The thread ‘3-day Swiss Travel Pass or Flex for Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.