Help Planning Swiss trip in May for Solo traveller

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 March 2015 at 8:15:56 #806932

Hello

I would be reaching Basel from Budapest on 30 April evening around 4.20 pm. My wish list is as follows

1>Jungfrau
    2>Matterhorn

My plan as i see from various articles is like follows.

30 apr: Arrive to Interlaken by evening stay/or Grindelwald [as you suggest]
    1may: take jungfrau express come back by evening [if weather permits]
    2may: go to zermatt [here to watch the matterhorn or take the train to gonergrat] [how many days should i spend in zermatt [1/2]
    3-4may: go to lucerne [Mt titlis]
    5may to amsterdam

I have a return flight to prague on 8may from amsterdam
    concerning this how must I plan my swiss trip from 30apr to max 6 May [where I can reach amsterdam]
    Since swiss pas is for 4 days cheap and 8 days with no 6 day option should I opt for Swiss half pass

My main outlook is to know how many days I must base in each area so I can do online booking as cheap rates

Any help is highly appreciated

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    3 March 2015 at 5:33:43 #841880

Hi shilajit,

An 8-day Swiss Travel Pass is about 45% more expensive than a 4-day Swiss Travel Pass, so it could fit a 6-day trip as well. Please see here for prices, and here for how to choose between passes.

I would spend an extra day in Zermatt. One day is tricky. If the weather is cloudy you won’t see any of the views. With two days, your chances increase. Do go up to Gornergrat if the weather allows, it is beautiful! Of course the weather is a factor for all mountain excursions, so keep that in mind when finalizing your plan. Lucerne offers plenty to do with any kind of weather.

For budget hotels, please look here. For any type of hotel, please check this page.

• The thread ‘Help Planning Swiss trip in May for Solo traveller’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.