Help to check itinerary for first day in Swiss

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2013 at 7:42:49 #806081

Hi,

I plan to take an early train from Paris to Geneva (7th Oct) and have a short stay in Geneva for lunch (where for lunch?), buy Swiss half fare card (where to buy?) and do some visiting i.e. Jet’ e dau (any recommended place to visit and how to go there from train station?)

About 2 – 3 pm, i plan to take the Golden Pass Scenic route to Interlaken (where to buy ticket, need to buy advance, need reservation?).

I have booked accomodation in Wengen, therefore will travel from Interlaken to Lauterbrunnen and then to Wengen for hotel check in.

Is this plan workable, in term of time allocation, the flow of journey etc? Do i have time to slot in any additional recommended place to visit along the way?

Thanks a lot.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    26 June 2013 at 15:31:06 #838980

Hi cancer7782. I think some questions have already been discussed in your previous topics, such as where to buy your Swiss Half Fare Card. As for this first day: I wouldn’t try to incorporate further stops or visits along the way to Wengen if I were you. It’s already a full day, as discussed here. Here are some options for a short city visit.

As for the Golden Pass route: if you prefer to travel in a panoramic train, seat reservations are required. If you use a Swiss Half Fare Card, you’ll also need a 50% discounted ticket. This can be purchased at the railway station of Geneva before boarding the train. You can also choose to travel the same scenic route by regular regional trains. You won’t need any seat reservations in that case. Both options will be displayed in the timetable if you enter ‘Gstaad’ and ‘Zweisimmen’ as via-stations for your journey.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 July 2013 at 7:20:47 #838981

Hi Annika,

I am in the midst of finalizing the arrival city as i need to make booking soon. I find that there is nothing much things that attract me in Geneva except maybe visiting the Jet d’eau, I am wondering whether Geneva will be a good option as my starting point? I have no interest in geneva museums. I plan to do boat ride in lucerne when visit to mount pilatus. I plan to visit Versailles in France so not interested in visiting Chillon. I would love to do more things related to nature. Can you please suggest whether i should change my arrival city to other place or stick to the current plan?

Thanks.

Annika
    7116 posts
    1 July 2013 at 8:14:05 #838982

Well, you could travel from Paris to Zurich and start your trip there. You could do either some exploration in or near Zurich, or travel directly to Lucerne if that’s your main interest. From there you’d get to Lauterbrunnen and Wengen.

• The thread ‘Help to check itinerary for first day in Swiss’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.