Find a right pass for 5 days Ennetburgen / Zermatt

• MMANDBB
    Participant
    17 posts
    7 December 2016 at 9:03:00 #810421

Good day,

Wife and I will be traveling to Zurich next week and our itinerary is as follows and would be grateful if you could kindly advise on which pass is more suitable and cost effective for us:-

Day 1 Zurich Airport to Zurich HB; Zurich HB to Ennetburgen Post

Day 2 Ennetburgen Post back to Zurich HB;

Day 3 Zurich HB to Zermatt;

Day 3 Zermatt to and from Gornergrat;

Day 4 Zermatt to and from Rothorn;

Day 5 Zermatt to and from Klein Matterhorn;

Day 5 Zermatt to Zurich HB.

Thank you so much for your kind help in advance!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15481 posts
    7 December 2016 at 9:32:22 #857327

Hi Mmandbb,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! I expect the Swiss Half Fare Card to be the cheapest option. An alternative is a regular ticket on day 1 and a 4-day Swiss Travel Pass for day 2 to 5.

I’d recommend to print the Swiss Half Fare Card at home so you don’t loose time at the staffed ticket office at the airport: you can go to http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the card (no delivery fees) within 3 business days. The ticket can be purchased from the machines at any train station.

MMANDBB
    Participant
    17 posts
    7 December 2016 at 12:15:02 #857328

Thanks, Arno, for the swift reply.

• The thread ‘Find a right pass for 5 days Ennetburgen / Zermatt’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.