Help with Swiss itinerary -5 nights with 2yr old

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 June 2018 at 22:21:52 #816705

Hello,

Can i get some ideas please to plan my vacation in Alps for 5 nights.

I will be based in Lucerne for 3 nights and in Wilderswil for 2 nights. 6th day i have to catch flight from Zurich in afternoon from Wilderswil.

We are family of 3 having a 2 yr old kid.

From the numerous forums and blogs i have few names of places that i would want to visit.

I need your help to final few things..

from Lucerne i think i can cover 1. Mt Titlis 2.Mt. Rigi 3. Mt.Pilatus

-we would surely want to do Mt. Titlis, shall we do another Mt ? we do not want to tick mark all the points and would want to take it easy.

considering weather conditions what options can i keep as Plan B ?

-we would be interested visiting any chocolate factory. is there any nearby from Lucerne ? (one option for bad weather conditions)

-Lake ride.. where and which ride is easy to take. considering having a toddler. is this also another good option to keep ?

-would be interested to take the mountain train ride. Can you please give some details on this ? there 3-4 rides i guess. Can we do any one in a half day ? which one is recommended ?

From Wilderswil

-jungfrau is one thats on list from this place. does this take whole day ?

-stroll in Lauterbrunnen / waterfalls / grindelwald

Can you please help me to finalise my itinerary please.

Many Thanks

Aarti

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 June 2018 at 11:29:48 #888599

Hi Aarti and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I think, along with Mt. Titlis, Mt. Rigi is a good options. Some nice hikes/walks can be found there. https://www.myswissalp s.com/rigi

As a plan B for weather, the Museum of Transport is a good option (it also has “the chocolate experience” as part of the entrance there. https://www.myswissalp s.com/museumoftranspor t

Another option could be taking the Golden Pass train route to Montreux and heading to Broc for teh Cailler chocolate factory (a full day). https://www.myswissalp s.com/goldenpass

No, Jungfraujoch shouldn’t take a full day. For that trip from Wilderswil or from any town to any other town or mountain, use the Swiss railways timetable to plan it: https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable

For other options on things to do in the Jungfrau region look here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/jungfrauregion

Arno
    15484 posts
    19 June 2018 at 7:14:41 #888600

Hi Aarti,

The museum that Lucas mentioned is a good option. It’s really interesting and interactive. You’ll find more bad weather options on our Lucerne and Interlaken pages:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 June 2018 at 17:30:12 #888601

Hi Lucas and Arno

Thanks for your feedback.

this can surely help me to plan..

the website is the best guide to plan the trip, very informative.

thank you

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 June 2018 at 18:25:49 #888602

Hi Aarti

Just back from Swiss with my 2 year old and my wife.

3 days in Lucerne is good for

day 1- Pilatus- this covers lake, cable, mountain train. We did this in 6 hours.

day 2 – Rigi- also covers lake ferry, cable, mountain train. You may do this in 4-6 hours

day 3- titlis- covers train and cable. Need almost 6-8 hours.

just in case of weather, as suggested, transport museum is awesome. Spend full day for transport, planetarium and chocolate factory tour. Keep in mind it’s just a AV depiction of chocolate making and not a factory in itself there.

in wilderswil

day 1- schilthorn, this includes lautebrunnen, cable car, mountain train

day 2- Jungfrau

we did al the above at our child’s pace and all went well.

takecare

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 July 2018 at 9:11:06 #888603

Thank you for your inputs.

Just thinking its too much of mountains to visit… 🙂

anything else other than mountains to visit…

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 July 2018 at 11:54:17 #888604

Mountains are typically why people come to Switzerland – a lot of them to choose from makes people here happy. 🙂

Other options could be museums or lake cruises or hikes. The links from Arno will give you some ideas.

• The thread ‘Help with Swiss itinerary -5 nights with 2yr old’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.