Jan 5, 2018 - 10:03 PM
Thanks ahead of time for the help!
Myself, my wife and my son (12 yrs) will be traveling through Switzerland this summer. Specifically here is what we have planned over the course of a few days (we will be in Germany the week prior). I'm planning going all first class.
Glacier Express - Chur to Brig
Brig to Bern
Bern to Lucern
Lucern City, Museums, etc
Lake Cruise in Lucern, Rigi Railway
1. It looks like a 3 or 4 day swiss pass would be the best for us? Would get us into the museums, 1/2 on Rigi, etc. Would a 3 be better than a 4?
2. The free Swiss Family Pass would take care of my son, so I only need to purchase a pass for my wife and I, is that correct?
3. We'd like to drop our luggage off the night we arrive in Chur (Day 0) and pickup in Lucern on Day 2. - I assume the 3 or 4 day pass will allow us to do this, even though we are stopping in Bern?
4. Is there any reason where a 1/2 fare card would be a better deal for our family?
5. We plan to use he Flight Luggage option, dropping off our outbound luggage at the Lucern train station on Day 4, we are flying Swiss out of Zurich and will just take the train from Lucern to the airport.
Thank you again!