Feb 22, 2018 - 10:50 AM
I've found this website very helpful for information. I was wondering if I can get some advise re traveling with our 6month old baby.
We're staying in Lauterbrunnen from 16th to 20th March, with the aim to see nearby towns such as Wengen, Murren, Grindelwald and do some easy hikes. We don't ski/do winter sports, so the trip really is to sightsee and enjoy the views. I have a few questions...
1. If we want to explore nearby towns as well as do short hikes, are there particular routes that you would advise? Eg take a cable car up to a town and do a short hike from there (that is baby friendly?)
2. In relation to the first question, what hiking trails will be suitable to do with a baby this time of the year? We will be putting her in a baby carrier.
3. Do you advise that we buy thermals etc or will layering be sufficient to keep our baby warm? And will warm leather boots be ok?
4. I am thinking of purchasing the Junfrau hiking and sledging pass. Do you think it will be worth it even if we will be restricted in going to places above an altitude of 2500metres with our baby with us (which seems to be the common advise)?
5. Knowing that this region really is to explore the outdoors, just wanted to ask if there are any other infant friendly places for us to go to especially if the weather is bad? eg indoor play areas etc or other infant-friendly activities you can suggest?
Many thanks in advance.