How to get on the Bernina Express from Davos

How to get on the Bernina Express from Davos

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Joannet7154
Joannet7154
3 posts
Feb 26, 2018 - 10:23 PM

my adult daughter and I will be in davos 7 days only skiing one day in late March. I need some advice and guidance please. I am thinking of getting graubunden passes - was told they would work for Berninaexpress. How would I get the required seat reservation then?

also, the train schedule shows Chur- Torino .can we just get on in Davos?

additionally, we want to travel on to Varenna for the night- so need to get a ticket from Tirano to Varenna. I assume I get this online , as the connection is tight(15) minutes. Is this doable? Thank you, joanne

rockoyster
rockoyster
3388 posts
expert
Feb 27, 2018 - 3:20 AM in reply to Joannet7154

Hello Joanett and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

You can't hop on the Bernina Express at Davos. You need to get to FiIisur in time to board the BEX departure at 9:33. You find the timetable here www.rhb.ch/en/panorami c-trains/bernina-express#info.

15 minute connection should be OK at Tirano.

Last modified on Feb 27, 2018 - 3:21 AM by rockoyster
Joannet7154
Joannet7154
3 posts
Feb 27, 2018 - 3:44 AM in reply to rockoyster

Thanks!

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Feb 27, 2018 - 8:26 AM in reply to Joannet7154

Hi Joannet,

You can book seats with one of the retailers that we have listed here: www.myswissalps.com/be rninaexpress/packages. The graubündenPASS does indeed cover the train ticket.

Alpenrose666
Alpenrose666
2127 posts
top member
Mar 18, 2018 - 8:31 AM in reply to Joannet7154

>> I am thinking of getting graubunden passes

Davos is a bit tricky in relation to the GraubündenPASS.

The GraubündenPASS is available for the north zone, the south zone, or both zones.

The south zone version excludes public transport in Davos.

If you are travelling from Davos to Filisur and then on to Tirano, you will need a pass for both the north and south zones.

You can download a brochure with full details, including a map of where each pass is valid, from the following page:

www.rhb.ch/en/leisure-travel-and-excursions/discover-graubuenden/graubuende npass#info

Alpenrose

PS Hope this information is not too late to be of use to you!

Last modified on Mar 18, 2018 - 8:31 AM by Alpenrose666

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018