Help with choosing the pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 July 2014 at 9:45:15 #806514

Hello,

I am due to leave tomorrow for Switzerland for a week and I still don’t know what pass I should buy. I will be staying one week, leaving tomorrow by train from Luxembourg to Luzern.

So day 1 travel to Luzern + sigthseeing

Day 2 Rigi mountain

Day 3 check out and move to Wengen – I plan to leave early and do some hiking that day as the weather will be nice

Day 4 the Jungfrau + some moderate hiking

Day 5 – Day 7 – depending on the weather, I will visit Murren, Grindelwald, possibly a trip to Schiltorn, the falls – and some easy hikes in between. If it rains cruise to Brienz or other little town

Day 8 Wengen – Luxembourg by train

I find it fard to plan as I do not know exactly how to plan day 5-7 and fit in all the beautiful hikes.

Any suggestions on what pass/whether I should buy a pass for 4 or for 8 days is welcome !

Angela

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    14 July 2014 at 10:15:23 #840630

Hi Angela,

You can narrow down your search to two passes:

• Swiss Flexi Pass: a few days of free traveling (including to/from the border town Basel) and a few days with discounts;
    • Swiss Half Fare Card: no free traveling, but discounts every day.

If you already have tickets to Luzern, then the Swiss Flexi Pass makes less sense as only shorter trips are left in your plan. Also the Swiss Half Fare Card provides a 50% discount to the Jungfraujoch, and the Swiss Flexi Pass only 25% (although free traveling until Wengen or Grindelwald on a free travel day). All the details can be found through the link I gave you.

I hope this helps, enjoy your stay!

• The thread ‘Help with choosing the pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.