Help finalizing my June Switzerland trip (15 days)

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
mit
mit
1 post
Jun 3, 2018 - 4:05 PM

Hi,

My husband & I are travelling for tourism to Switzerland. I reach on 28th June in the afternoon. First two days I am on my own and then we travel together. We are interested in seeing the natural beauty and experiencing the culture of the country. We would love to do some simple hikes (some uphill walking etc. is absolutely okay for us) as a part of our itinerary. Our hotels are already booked. I am listing our bases for the trip below followed by things we would like to do based on whatever we have been able to gather from the internet and myswissalps.com

28 Jun to 1 Jul - Geneva (3 1/2 days)

2 - 6 Jul - Interlaken (5 days)

7 - 10 Jul - Lucerne (4 days or 4 1/2 days)

11 Jul - Chur (1 day or 1/2 day)

12 Jul - Bernina Express to Tirano & onwards to Milan (seat reservation done for Bernina)

We need help with shortlisting what all we should do considering our interests. Below are things we would like to do:

Geneva: City tour (1 day); Montreux - Chillon Castle via boat, Rochers-de-Naye (1 day); Chamonix & Mont Blanc (1 day)

Interlaken: Schynige Platte plateau + hike OR First to the Bachsee (1 day); Boat trip on Lake Thun & explore Thun, Spiez OR Harder Klum & Interlaken (1 day); Schilthorn & Hike from Lauterbrunnen to Stechelberg (1 day); Zermatt & Matterhorn (1 day); Jungfraujoch (1 day)

Lucerne: Local sights & Stanserhorn OR Local sights & Hike from Melch valley to Lake Sarnen (1 day); Mount Titlis (1 day); Mount Rigi & Stanserhorn (1 day); Rhine Falls (1 day)

Chur: We can spend the first half of the day in Lucerne if required & then move to Chur, we catch the Bernina the next day.

Questions:

1. Please give suggestions on the inclusions / exclusions from the above & any other suggestions.

2. Do we have to pay for the hikes mentioned above?

3. Is it possible to cover Märjelensee hike as a part of this itinerary? If yes, please suggest what we can cut out.

4. Are the mountain excursions a repetition or should we do all the ones mentioned above / skip some (which ones)?

Sorry for such a long post but Switzerland has too many things we wish to do :) All help would appreciated!

Thanks, Mitali

Lucas
Lucas
9828 posts
expert &
Jun 4, 2018 - 10:45 AM in reply to mit

Hi Mitali and welcome to MySwissAlps,

You don't have to pay to do go on any hikes, but you often start a hike on a mountain top and you need to pay to get there. Have you looked into a rail pass for your trip? Considering you are covering several regions of Switzerland, a Swiss Travel Pass may work out best: https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass

It is hard to tell you about mountain trips being repetitive. Some people are happy to go up only one mountain on their trip and some want to go up every mountain they can. I'd say all mountains offer something different and to keep your itinerary flexible and make changes on the fly depending on how you feel.

You could do Märjelensee on your way to Chur from Lucerne. Lucerne to Visp then on to the Aletsch Glacier (https://www.myswissalp s.com/hiking/bettmerho rn-marjelensee-fiescheralp) and then continue on to Chur following the Glacier Express route.

Last modified on Jun 4, 2018 - 10:46 AM by Lucas

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018