7 days Switzerland in February with 4 & 6 year old

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 December 2018 at 14:07:04 #819186

Hi! My am taking my -4 year old daughter and -6 year old son to Switzerland February 17-24th

i would love advice on what the top places to go and things to do .. prefer scenic places rather then museums and cities.. prefer one or two hotels rather then a new one a night

thank you !

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    14 December 2018 at 15:53:33 #900389

Hi Mmtrosdal, welcome to MySwissAlps!

I’d recommend to click to the “What to do” and “Where to go” items in our main menu. If you start exploring there you’ll get a lot of information to compile a wish list. It’s really hard for us to suggest scenic places (there are a lot) for someone we don’t know. Please feel free to post a basic plan here for feedback, and we’ll be glad to look into it.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 December 2018 at 20:09:20 #900390

14 and 16 years not 4 and 6

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 December 2018 at 20:10:28 #900391

I think ski for day or 2..maybe two spots as home base.. and train / day trips

want to be in prettiest places as they are both artists

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 December 2018 at 8:52:32 #900392

Zermatt is a nice ski town. Have a look at our Zermatt page to see if it appeals to you: http://www.myswissalps.com/ze rmatt

Another popular base town is Lucerne or another mountain village (somewhat similar to Zermatt) is Wengen that is quite popular here: http://www.myswissalps.com/we ngen

Use the Swiss railways timetable to help you plan your trips between towns and mountains: http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable and once you have a rough itinerary post it here and we’ll be glad to look it over!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 December 2018 at 21:49:06 #900393

Thank you so much..We are most interested in amazing mountains,, and the cable car to tiitlis//pilatus sounds awesome-but in Feb looks like thats the only highlight in Lucerne.. thinking the best 2 bases are Zermott and Bernese Overland. Thoughts? and traveling to Titis on the way to zermott or Overland.. and which place to visit first? Or just have one base and travel from there?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 December 2018 at 7:53:05 #900394

Zermatt is a great town in February I think but there isn’t a good base for both the Bernese Oberland (http://www.myswissalps.com/be rneseoberland) and Zermatt so I’d stay in both areas. Depending on where in the Bernese Oberland you want to go, Wengen can be a great town to stay in – for the immediate area.

If you want to visit the mountains around Lucerne you may want to stay in Interlaken or perhaps Thun to make the travel a little easier. The timetable will guide on you on travel times and you may find Wengen is still fine for you.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 December 2018 at 12:08:50 #900395

Thank you! Hoe would it work like this-

first and second day lucerne-

zermatt 3 days-

express train to st moritz-

stay there or chur 2 days-

then zurich to fly out…..should stay in zermatt 2 days instead of 3 (not big skiers)

keep reading how interlaken is so touristy-I was there 20 years ago and loved it but I know things and ppl change!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 December 2018 at 16:35:47 #900396

Yes, I think that is a nice trip. All are very nice towns to enjoy in the winter.

If you aren’t avid skiers or winter sports people I might add the 3rd night to Lucerne and then 2 in Zermatt and 2 in St. Moritz.

We also have hotel suggestions on our town pages as well:

Do note the Glacier Express between Zermatt and St. Moritz has mandatory reservations, which you can make here: http://www.myswissalps.com/gl acierexpress/packages

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 December 2018 at 0:11:10 #900397

Hi there

We are going to Switzerland in April for 5 days. We are staying in Sigriswil ( price was less than half if other B&B). We are a group of 11, my kids are 9,13 and 15.

We are going to have a day in Lauterbrunnen ( the village of 72 waterfalls) use ebikes to check out the local villages and waterfalls.

we will go to jungfraujoch by cogtrain ( the top of Europe) and we will take a cabkecar upto neidlehorn (sp) and ride trotti bikes down.

We will take a cruise on lake Thun and or Speiz ( sp).

i look forward to reading your itinerary 😀

• The thread ‘7 days Switzerland in February with 4 & 6 year old’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.