13 days Switzerland in July - trip suggestions

13 days Switzerland in July - trip suggestions

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
AnaG
AnaG
3 posts
Jun 1, 2018 - 8:50 PM

Hello,

I love this forum! I have gone thru threads in this forum, I was able to come up with this Itinerary for our travel in July end. Please let me know if you can answer few of my questions. Thanks to myswissalps.com. You are all doing great job in here!!!

We'll arrive Zurich from U.S on July 27th.

Day 1 Zurich- Arrive in Zurich, check in hotel. Relax, Overnight in Zurich

Day 2 Zurich - Rhine falls - OverNight in Zurich

Day 3 Lucerne - Mount Rigi - OverNight in Lucerne

Day 4 Lucerne Mount Pilatus, Mount Titlus - Overnight in Lucerne

Day 5 Interlaken via Golden Line Overnight in Interlaken

Day 6 Interlaken - Jungfrau day Excursion-

Overnight in Interlaken

Day 7 Interlaken - Schilthorn Trip

Overnight in Interlaken

Day 8 Interlaken - planned Boat trip either on Lake Brienz or Thun ,Oberhofen Castle

Overnight in Interlaken

Day 9 Interlaken - ????

Overnight in Interlaken

Day 10 Zermatt . Overnight in Zermatt

Day 11 Zermatt - Matterhorn

Overnight in Zermatt

Day 12 return to Zurich -- Overnight in Zurich.

Day 13 Leave back to U.S.

1.what we can cover from Interlaken on Day 9

2.what is reservation I have to make for glacier express in this trip (from where to where)

3. We reach Zermatt on day 10, we have half day to do sigtseeing, what we can cover or just relax that day.

4. What train we need to take from Zermatt to Zurich?

We are taking 15 day Swiss pass.

Thank again!

AnaG

Lucas
Lucas
6487 posts
expert &
Jun 2, 2018 - 8:51 AM in reply to AnaG

Hi AnaG,

1. Brienzer Rothorn, Niesen and Schynige Platte jump to mind and all are near Interlaken. Look at our Interlaken activity page for details on these trips: https://www.myswissalp s.com/interlaken/activ ities<br /> Another option would be a day trip to Lake Blausee and/or Kandersteg. Check out my trip report to Lake Blausee /Kandersteg and Brig here: myswissalps.com/forum/ topic/blausee-and-brig-2-days-1-night.
  2. Glacier Express reservations can be made here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/glacierexpress/p ackages from Interlaken you take a regional train to Andermatt or Brig and then you can take the Glacier Express to Zermatt. Or you can take the Glacier Express from Zermatt to Chur on your way back to Zurich (if you want to do the full trip.
  3. Zermatt activities are listed here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/zermatt/activiti es have a look at Gornergrat!
  4. You could travel Via Chur on the Glacier Express, via Brig and Kandersteg or via Visp and Montreux and then the Golden Pass.

You can order your Swiss Travel Pass through myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/price.

Last modified on Jun 2, 2018 - 1:31 PM by Annika
AnaG
AnaG
3 posts
Jun 2, 2018 - 7:04 PM

Thank you, I will check these out!

Last modified on Jun 2, 2018 - 7:04 PM by AnaG

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018