Include Montreux/Gruyere in day trips from Bern

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Biscuit
Biscuit
2 posts
Apr 15, 2019 - 5:32 PM

Hello, I might have left this abit late but our wedding is just over and we are on our honeymoon to Switzerland, and we didn’t have much time to plan. I’ve had a lot of very helpful info here but I’m still abit confused /undecided on the Bern part of our trip. ( our trip is , Luzern, Zermatt, Bern, Zürich)

So my wish list for our stay in Bern is : city tour, to go to Lake brienz, Ballenberg Musuem, hopefully a trip to Grindelwald , Montreux-Chillon castle , Gruyere and Broc chocolate factory. I know that’s a huge list so I was hoping any experts could give their advise on how we can achieve this in 3 days ?

-So we will be travelling to Bern for 3N from Zermatt. Is there any detour along the way we should stop for in the wish list?

- Can I do Lake Brienz , ballenberg and Chillon in a day , and the. gruyeres the next or

- Lake brienz , Ballenberg , Grindlewald in a day and Gruyeres and Montreux chillon the next?

or should I structure it so it’s the smoothest and the lest back tracking? Should I skip something on my wish list to make it a smoother trip? It’s hard for us to decide which to do/not to do

thank you !!

Snowman
Snowman
675 posts
top member
Apr 16, 2019 - 7:30 AM in reply to Biscuit

Hi Biscuit, and welcome to MySwissAlps

< do Lake Brienz , ballenberg and Chillon in a day >

Sure. Click "HOW TO TRAVEL " on the top of your screen. You may come up with this:

Bern-Interlaken Ost 09:04-09:57 am, rail

Interlaken Ost - Brienz 10:07-11:20, boat

Brienz-Ballenberg Ost 11:36-11:55, bus

Stroll through Ballenberg Open Air Museum during two hours

Ballenberg West-Chillon 2?06-6:15 pm bus and rail.

< Should I skip something on my wish list to make it a smoother trip? >

That could make sense.

< It’s hard for us to decide which to do/not to do >

Yes, but then it's up to you, really.

Biscuit
Biscuit
2 posts
Apr 16, 2019 - 8:27 AM

Hi Snowmen,

thankyou for your reply,

We might instead do : Lake Brienz- Ballenberg Musuem then grindlewald if wehave time,

and then do Montreux , Gruyeres the next day maybe

Thanks!

Steph
Steph
1918 posts
top member &
Apr 16, 2019 - 9:17 AM in reply to Biscuit

Hello Biscuit,

I also believe your second option makes more sense. It prevents you from quite long travelling days and also allows you to enjoy the local area around the Lake of Brienz, e.g. Grindelwald.

Check:
- www.myswissalps.com/la kebrienz
- www.myswissalps.com/gr indelwald
- www.myswissalps.com/in terlaken

- www.myswissalps.com/be rn
- www.myswissalps.com/mo ntreux

To check travelling times and connections for your planned day trips, use the very helpful timetable below. Make sure you read how it works, it's a fab tool for planning.

Get back to us for further input.

Best,
Steph

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019