Help with 5 days in Lucerne/Bernese Oberland areas

Help with 5 days in Lucerne/Bernese Oberland areas

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
maggiehorswell
maggiehorswell
552 posts
top member
Jul 18, 2017 - 9:12 AM in reply to chyna106

Hi Chyna

Yes the elevator can take you down again or you can walk. Personally I don't think it would be worth the cost of the entrance fee if you merely went in for a quick look from the platform by the elevator. A more satisfying waterfall experience would be to take the boat from Brienz or Interlaken to Giessbach Falls and the funicular up to the hotel and falls. Your Dad could probably manage to get to a point where he could get a good view of the falls then rest on the hotel terrace if you wanted to explore further by climbing up to a higher point. You can then continue the boat trip to Brienz or Interlaken. Be sure to note the boat times when you first arrive at Giessbach so you know when to take the funicular back down to catch the boat you want.

Enjoy!

Maggie

rockoyster
rockoyster
3401 posts
expert
Jul 18, 2017 - 9:29 AM in reply to chyna106

Me too!

Be sure to read this trip report www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/trip-report-6-days-montreux-and-wengen Especially for the Lake Brienz bit.

chyna106
chyna106
30 posts
Jul 19, 2017 - 1:19 AM in reply to maggiehorswell

Thanks Maggie! Or I guess we can go check out the Aare gorge instead. :)

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018