Help with 5 days in Lucerne/Bernese Oberland areas

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 July 2017 at 9:12:56 #866659

Hi Chyna

Yes the elevator can take you down again or you can walk. Personally I don’t think it would be worth the cost of the entrance fee if you merely went in for a quick look from the platform by the elevator. A more satisfying waterfall experience would be to take the boat from Brienz or Interlaken to Giessbach Falls and the funicular up to the hotel and falls. Your Dad could probably manage to get to a point where he could get a good view of the falls then rest on the hotel terrace if you wanted to explore further by climbing up to a higher point. You can then continue the boat trip to Brienz or Interlaken. Be sure to note the boat times when you first arrive at Giessbach so you know when to take the funicular back down to catch the boat you want.

Enjoy!

Maggie

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    18 July 2017 at 9:29:43 #866660

Me too!

Be sure to read this trip report http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/trip-report-6-days-montreux-and-wengen Especially for the Lake Brienz bit.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 July 2017 at 1:19:17 #866661

Thanks Maggie! Or I guess we can go check out the Aare gorge instead. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The thread ‘Help with 5 days in Lucerne/Bernese Oberland areas’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.