Mountain trips with Swiss Travel Pass in August

• Glen2019
    Participant
    7 posts
    19 September 2019 at 9:29:17 #823916

Hi everyone! This forum is fantastic, I am travelling to Switzerland with my partner next August for 15 days and just wanted a little bit of advice, i have Questions on STP and sightseeing but I’ll keep in appropriate forum threads.

We will purchase the 15 day STP which I feel will save us money and is the best option:

We arrive into Zurich then itinerary is:

2 days in Bern ( 1 day to do Glacier 3000)

2 days in Zermatt ( 1 day to do Matterhorn Paradise and 1 to do Gornergrat)

6 days in Interlaken (basing here to do lots of activities inc 1 day at Jungfraujoch, 1 day going up Schilthorn via lauterbrunnen >stechelberg >birg >murren, 1 day going to Grindelwald to do First and it’s activities.

3 days in Lucerne (1 day to do Titlis, 1 day to do Pilatus.

So : Glacier 3000, Matterhorn Paradise, Gornergrat, jungfraujoch, schilthorn, first, Titlis, Pilatus are the ones i need Information on the best way to get to these places using STP.

From what I can tell on different forums here, I can get To a certain point free using the pass, then we would pay to continue on to the locations?

I know a lot are weather dependant, so is it easy to book these the day. Does anyone recommend a different pass that would work better? before i go to them all?

Any information would be appreciated.

• The thread ‘Mountain trips with Swiss Travel Pass in August’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.