How to get luggage from Lucerne to Zurich airport?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
AshishBonVoy
AshishBonVoy
6 posts
Oct 14, 2019 - 2:09 AM

Dear Experts ,

I have a bit of a situation and looking for help. My original itinerary was 11-Oct (From Dallas to Chicago to Zurich) to 16-Oct (Flying out of Zurich), we missed our Chicago to Zurich connection due to delayed arrival of flight from Dallas to Chicago and were booked the next day. Finally we landed in Zurich on 13-Oct (earlier planned was 12-Oct) and discovered that our all the Checked BAGS are missing , filed the report and went to catch Glacier express. Here is the issue - after they locate the luggage , they will deliver (7 big checked Samsonite 27 inches bags) to Hotel in Luzern where I am staying, my biggest worry is how will I now carry 7 Big Bags + 4 carry-on small Bags+ 3 small backpacks from Luzern to Zurich Airport on 16-Oct morning for catching my flight to Delhi? We are 2 Adults (me & my wife) and 2 kids (6 & 9 years). Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.

PS: After the luggage is located , I am requesting Baggage service to see if they can only deliver 2 suitcases that we need and rest can be in Lost Baggage area and we can claim when we come to Zurich but not sure if this will work out and don't want to cause any confusion and impact my 16-Oct Flight.

thank you !

Ashish

Arno
Arno
14101 posts
expert &
Oct 14, 2019 - 6:44 AM

Hi Ashish,

I'm sorry to hear about the luggage issues! Certainly not something you want to spend tome on during your holidays. There are luggage services in Switzerland, including services that collect the luggage straight from your hotel. You'll find an overview and links to further information as well: www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/practical/luggage. Be sure to book this in time. Your hotel should be able to assist with this as well.

Enjoy your stay anyway!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019