How to get luggage from Lucerne to Zurich airport?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 October 2019 at 2:09:53 #824188

Dear Experts ,

I have a bit of a situation and looking for help. My original itinerary was 11-Oct (From Dallas to Chicago to Zurich) to 16-Oct (Flying out of Zurich), we missed our Chicago to Zurich connection due to delayed arrival of flight from Dallas to Chicago and were booked the next day. Finally we landed in Zurich on 13-Oct (earlier planned was 12-Oct) and discovered that our all the Checked BAGS are missing , filed the report and went to catch Glacier express. Here is the issue – after they locate the luggage , they will deliver (7 big checked Samsonite 27 inches bags) to Hotel in Luzern where I am staying, my biggest worry is how will I now carry 7 Big Bags + 4 carry-on small Bags+ 3 small backpacks from Luzern to Zurich Airport on 16-Oct morning for catching my flight to Delhi? We are 2 Adults (me & my wife) and 2 kids (6 & 9 years). Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.

PS: After the luggage is located , I am requesting Baggage service to see if they can only deliver 2 suitcases that we need and rest can be in Lost Baggage area and we can claim when we come to Zurich but not sure if this will work out and don’t want to cause any confusion and impact my 16-Oct Flight.

thank you !

Ashish

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    14 October 2019 at 6:44:30 #923635

Hi Ashish,

I’m sorry to hear about the luggage issues! Certainly not something you want to spend tome on during your holidays. There are luggage services in Switzerland, including services that collect the luggage straight from your hotel. You’ll find an overview and links to further information as well: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/practical/luggage. Be sure to book this in time. Your hotel should be able to assist with this as well.

Enjoy your stay anyway!

• The thread ‘How to get luggage from Lucerne to Zurich airport?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.