Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Lucerne, Zurich and surroundings in September

Lucerne, Zurich and surroundings in September

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Som 123
Som 123
1 post
Sep 11, 2019 - 1:21 PM

Hello,

I will be spending 5 days in Zurich in Sep 3rd week. I plan to visit Mount Titlis, Rhine falls, Lucerne and all places of interest in Zurich (Lake, Zoo and other significant places). My accommodation for all 5 days is in Zurich. I am accompanied by two kids (9 and 7 years) and my husband.

I need help in choosing the right passes. I can see that STP has three/ four days option but since I am staying for 5 days and I will need a pass to cover for my in-city travel using public transport. Is there an alternate pass to cover for my in city travel if yes any pointers to it will be helpful.

Also any guidance on must visit places in Zurich city will be helpful.

Thanks

Som

Ildiko
Ildiko
496 posts
top member &
Sep 11, 2019 - 2:17 PM in reply to Som 123

Hello Som and welcome to MySwissAlps!

To your 4 days Swiss Travel Pass (www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass) you can add a Saver Day Pass, just be aware, it has different validity than the Swiss Travel Pass, for example it is not valid on mountain trips and gives no free access to museums either: www.myswissalps.com/sa verdaypass/validity.

Other option, that you can purchase a Zurich Card. That allows free public transport throughout the city: www.myswissalps.com/zu rich/travel

In Zurich I suggest you the Zurich walk: www.myswissalps.com/hi king/zurich. (See a detailed description under Label "Route".) I am sure I would also take a boat cruise with the kids: www.myswissalps.com/bo atlakezurich. You'll find more tips what to do in and around Zurich at www.myswissalps.com/zu rich/activities.

See also:

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019