Ticket for 9:44 Golden Pass train valid at 7:44?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 June 2018 at 19:23:47 #816683

Hey I just about a ticket for the 9 44 train tom from montreux to interlaken for the golden pass panoramic train. Now suddenly I saw there is a similar train at 7 44 as well from montreux but the route of this train is montreux zweisimmen spiez interlaken . This train has an additional change in spiez which the 9 44 train doesn’t have.

now if I want to avoid crowds and travel in the 7 44 early morning train can I do it ??? Even though it has an additional change at spiez.

i have bought a normal ticket with a half fare reduction and not the super saver one.

thanks help will b appreciated

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 June 2018 at 22:29:36 #888474

If it is a ‘normal’ ticket you have purchased then you can use any train you like.

There is an 08.53 from Montreux as well, or if you really want to beat the crowds, get the 06.39 from Montreux!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 June 2018 at 7:51:22 #888475

We hopped on the 10:25 Zweisimmen to Montreux a few days ago. The train was packed. Luckily we had seat reservations. I noticed lots of seated passengers were asked to move for those with reservations. It’s mid June and it’s really busy. NB regional trains have loads of seats IR trains are busy.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 June 2018 at 22:29:10 #888476

Also, be aware of what time most humans on holiday want to take a excursion train. The 10.25 from Zweisimmen equates to the ‘perfect’ departure time of around 9.00 from both Bern and Interlaken, so its a train I would definitely expect to be busy.

That’s why the 7.44 strikes me as a good train to get from Montreux, as travellers from such as Geneva and Lausanne would have to start their day between 6.00 and 7.00 which is quite early

• The thread ‘Ticket for 9:44 Golden Pass train valid at 7:44?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.