Oeschinen – Heuberg Panorama loop in late May?

• kymcclay
    Participant
    5 posts
    10 March 2018 at 0:12:01 #814694

Hello there! I’ve been researching and most blogs/articles say the Oeschinensee Panorama Loop (Heuberg?) is a great summer hike. I’m bringing my husband to Switzerland for the first time (my family has been multiple times!) but I’ve never been to Kandersteg and am dying to do this hike!! We are doing a long weekend in May (25-29 May) – is this too early to hike the Panorama loop? Will it even be open then? Most articles I’ve seen say June/July is when the trail is open. Really hoping we can hike this in May!

Thanks in advance for your help!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 March 2018 at 8:52:32 #878303

Hi kymcclay and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, everything I’ve read is a July start here so I don’t think you’ll have luck in May – probably to treacherous to try it at that elevation and the amount of snow we’ve gotten in the mountains this year.

You could contact oeschinensee tourism’s website for more details on what you could expect there: https://www.oeschinens ee.ch/en/summer/hiking /heuberg/

kymcclay
    Participant
    5 posts
    10 March 2018 at 15:15:35 #878304

Thank you very much! Sad we’ll likely miss this in May, maybe we can come back again in July 🙂 Hoping at least the walking trail to the lake is open in late May so we can do some walking while there, I will contact Oeschinensee closer to the date!

• The thread ‘Oeschinen – Heuberg Panorama loop in late May?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.