Oeschinen - Heuberg Panorama loop in late May?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
kymcclay
kymcclay
2 posts
Mar 10, 2018 - 12:12 AM

Hello there! I've been researching and most blogs/articles say the Oeschinensee Panorama Loop (Heuberg?) is a great summer hike. I'm bringing my husband to Switzerland for the first time (my family has been multiple times!) but I've never been to Kandersteg and am dying to do this hike!! We are doing a long weekend in May (25-29 May) - is this too early to hike the Panorama loop? Will it even be open then? Most articles I've seen say June/July is when the trail is open. Really hoping we can hike this in May!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Lucas
Lucas
9890 posts
expert &
Mar 10, 2018 - 8:52 AM in reply to kymcclay

Hi kymcclay and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, everything I've read is a July start here so I don't think you'll have luck in May - probably to treacherous to try it at that elevation and the amount of snow we've gotten in the mountains this year.

You could contact oeschinensee tourism's website for more details on what you could expect there: https://www.oeschinens ee.ch/en/summer/hiking /heuberg/

kymcclay
kymcclay
2 posts
Mar 10, 2018 - 3:15 PM in reply to Lucas

Thank you very much! Sad we'll likely miss this in May, maybe we can come back again in July :) Hoping at least the walking trail to the lake is open in late May so we can do some walking while there, I will contact Oeschinensee closer to the date!

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018