Hike down Rigi Kulm to villages end of October

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 September 2019 at 21:36:19 #823857

Hello,

I read on here that there is a scenic hike from Rigi Kulm to Rigi Kaltbad or Freibergen. I was wondering if anyone can offer some insight into whether this hike would be worth doing at the end of October if the weather is good and how difficult and safe it is. Also would you recommend getting back on the train to Lucern at Rigi Kaltbad or Freibergen? Is it worth spending some time exploring these villages?

I enjoy walking but I am not an experienced and I will be traveling on my own. I am really hoping to find some easy, scenic hikes I can do while in Switzerland and this looks like a good option, but I wanted to get some advice from others to be sure this is a good option for me.

I appreciate any help you can offer! Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 September 2019 at 0:24:49 #922216

The Rigi mountain is not high altitude, the walking paths are mainly pleasant, and Rigi Kulm – Kaltbad is a lot in open fields – and only 3km so is ideal

Arno
    15471 posts
    15 September 2019 at 13:27:09 #922217

Hi Satori22,

Kulm to Kaltbad or further on to Freibergen is doable and safe. If there is snow on the trails you should be careful though, this could happen around that time. In that case check with the staff of any rail or cable car station, or the tourist office.

Freibergen is not is village, just a train stop. Kaltbad is a large group of chalets and hotels basically. Great views from there, as well as from the rest of the trail.

• The thread ‘Hike down Rigi Kulm to villages end of October’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.