Hike, Gornergrat and Klein Matterhorn all doable?

• Eki75
    Participant
    6 posts
    19 April 2023 at 17:50:58 #829622

I’m planning a visit to Zermatt at the end of June, and I’m thinking about doing the itinerary below on one of the days. I’m not sure if it’s too ambitious (or not ambitious enough), or if anyone who has done it or similar might have any helpful feedback. (I’m an averagely fit 45 y.o. male who is used to mountain hiking at an average to above average difficulty.)

Also interested in the best deals on the train and gondolas. I’m leaning toward purchasing the 50% pass, but if there’s a better option, please advise.

1. Take the Gornergrat train up to the top and look around.

2. Train back down to Rotenboden and then hike down to Riffleberg.

3. Gondola to Furi and then up to Matterhorn Glacier Paradise.

4. Gondola down to Schwarzsee, and then hike from Schwarzsee via Stafel back down to Zermatt.

Thanks in advance for any feedback or suggestions you might be able to offer! I can’t wait to be back in Zermatt soon.

• The thread ‘Hike, Gornergrat and Klein Matterhorn all doable?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.