Hike Männlichen-Kleine Scheidegg, June 6 to 10

• Anna1
    Participant
    45 posts
    6 April 2023 at 18:21:03 #829505

Hi all

Is this hike going from Mannlichen to Kleine Schedegg be open during June 6th to 10th when I plan to be in Bernese Oberland area? I looked at the website for hiking status but it was not clear to me. It says mid June so was not sure.

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6382 posts
    7 April 2023 at 7:39:41 #953024

Hi Anna1,

The summer season at Männlichen starts on May 26. This is when the cable car services from Wengen and Grindelwald to Männlichen resume operation after a short maintenance. The panorama trail to Kleine Scheidegg should be open and accessible by then depending on the weather and snow condition. You can check the mountain webcam before your trip.

More info about the trail here: http://www.myswissalps.com/hiking/maennlichen-kleinescheidegg

Regards,

Anna

Anna1
    Participant
    45 posts
    7 April 2023 at 12:09:27 #953025

Thank you Anna

appreciate your response and all details

kim11
    Participant
    604 posts
    8 April 2023 at 21:50:11 #953026

Typically the trail doesn’t open until 15 June (although the gondola starts operating on 26 May as Anna noted). This has been a light snow year so it could open earlier but no one knows until a day or two ahead of time.

Anna1
    Participant
    45 posts
    9 April 2023 at 0:23:55 #953027

Thank you kim11

Can you please let me know how to Check if it is open? Any web site for this ?

kim11
    Participant
    604 posts
    9 April 2023 at 0:30:08 #953028

they will know at the tourist office in Wengen. There is also a board right near the train station that tells you which trails are open. I’ve never found a website/on-line info

Arno
    15484 posts
    9 April 2023 at 13:27:36 #953029

Hi everyone,

The status trails in the Jungfrau Region can be found here: jungfrauregion.swiss/en/summer/planning-and-events/mountain-railways/status-facility-hiking-trails/

Do be careful though: Kleine Scheidegg to Männlichen is currently open, but that’s for sledding and walks in the snow. It may very well be closed soon until June, and then it’s accessible again for hiking. In case of any doubts, I’d follow Kim’s recommendation and check with one of the local tourist offices. The one in Wengen will know, but others too, or they can check with their colleagues.

Anna1
    Participant
    45 posts
    11 April 2023 at 23:41:07 #953030

Thank you Arno for the link and all details.

I will definitely check at tourist office.

Currently I am seeing snow rain in Grindelwald area. Hope it gets better in June and I can do my hike from Mannlichen to Kleine Schedegg .

thanks everyone for your help!

Anna

Yolanda
    2353 posts
    12 April 2023 at 9:12:34 #953031

Hello Anna,

June should be better but it can still be a little unpredictable especially as you go higher. Be sure to check the weather forecast before you head out.

Kind regards,

Yolanda

• The thread ‘Hike Männlichen-Kleine Scheidegg, June 6 to 10’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.