Details on hiking route Piz Nair to El Paradiso

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 July 2019 at 13:06:27 #822904

I’ve read a few blogs that it is possible to hike from the very peak of Piz Nair and end at El Paradiso. But I can’t figure out how to do it via maps. A few questions…

1.) Is there a map online of Piz Nair hiking trails in St. Moritz?

2.) The only path I’ve found involves starting at St.Moritz station, funicular to the very top, then hike down and end at El Paradiso. But then I don’t know how I’d get back to my hotel from El Paradiso.

3.) Is there a way to hike from Munt de San Murrezan directly to the peak of Piz Nair, without going all the way around Pass Suvretta? On satellite maps it seems like there are paths that would be shorter, but Google Maps is suggesting to walk around the mountain at 4.4 km.

4.) Is there a place in St. Moritz where I could pick up a good hiking map?

Thank you in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    18 July 2019 at 12:32:53 #918071

Hi Nschap,

1) Yes. Switzerland Mobility. Make sure box “Hiking in Switzerland” is checked. Hiking trails are shown in bright green. There is an App for smartphones and tablets.

2) Your hotel? What hotel?

3) Yes, see the map mentioned in 1) above. You can hike down from Piz Nair t Paradiso via Munt da San Murezzan, Alp Giop, Randolins.

4) Any outfitter in St Moritz will have the map, or can tell you where to find it. Ask for the Swiss Hiking Map #3320 T St Moritz. It’s the best. Trails are highlighted in red.

Enjoy yourself and mind your knees! Hiking down is more strenuous on them than hiking up!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 July 2019 at 20:46:52 #918072

Thank you so much, Snowman! That map is exactly what I was looking for but could not find on my own. Much appreciated!

• The thread ‘Details on hiking route Piz Nair to El Paradiso’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.