Hiking above Grindelwald on 16th & 17th June 2018

Hiking above Grindelwald on 16th & 17th June 2018

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
SwissAlps1
SwissAlps1
4 posts
Jun 13, 2018 - 9:10 PM

This weekend I plan to do two hikes - 1.Grindelwald along the Eiger trail to Kleine Scheidegg onto Mannlichen and back to Grindelwald (8-9 hours) AND 2. Grindelwald to First then to Bachalpsee lake and onto Grosse Scheidegg and back to Grindelwald. How clear are these paths of snow? Do i need to make a plan B for either walk? Any other advice would be appreciated. Including any good spots in grindelwald for dinner on Saturday night :)

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
4880 posts
expert
Jun 14, 2018 - 12:00 AM in reply to SwissAlps1

<<"How clear are these paths of snow? Do i need to make a plan B for either walk?">>>

en.swisswebcams.ch/kat egorien

Also- email the local tourist info offices.

Slowpoke

Lucas
Lucas
8028 posts
expert &
Jun 14, 2018 - 5:45 AM in reply to Slowpoke

Hi SwissAlps1,

Last I heard on here that the Männlichen to Kleine Scheidegg trail was still closed but that could change in the next few days. Best to contact the tourist offices to inquire or check-in when you get there.

I would make a plan B for both hikes yes.
Here are some suggestions: https://www.myswissalp s.com/jungfrauregion/a ctivities

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018