Hiking along the Aletsch Glacier

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2015 at 20:25:46 #807177

Hi, I just wonder the trail from Bettmerhorn to Fiesch is available now? how is the condition there?

Cheers,

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    Arno
    15483 posts
    4 May 2015 at 6:40:57 #842878

It’s all covered in snow up there as you can see through the link. It will be much better two months from now. You can take the cable car up for the views, then down to Bettmeralp and perhaps do some hiking from there. Riederalp is mostly clear of snow now, but I don’t know about all the trails.

jackdebear
    Participant
    82 posts
    4 May 2015 at 13:37:17 #842879

Any notions of what the trail to Konkordiahutte likely to be like in early September?

Arno
    15483 posts
    5 May 2015 at 6:54:07 #842880

Early September should be very good, on average. The trails leading there require a guide, or at least a group with some experienced hikers. The guide knows about the trail conditions.

jackdebear
    Participant
    82 posts
    5 May 2015 at 12:35:56 #842881

Wondering what you mean by “experienced hiker”. Like with that trail in particular or just trailwise in regards to the alps and glaciers.

Arno
    15483 posts
    5 May 2015 at 13:13:42 #842882

I meant to say that this requires someone who knows this particular route or at least glacier hiking in general. Just general hiking experience is not sufficient. I have not done this one myself, but there are no marked trails in this area and I believe one has to walk on the glacier. It’s not recommended to do this alone. Here’s more information: konkordiahuette.ch/ somer/zustiege

• The thread ‘Hiking along the Aletsch Glacier’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.