Hiking as solo female and safety in Switzerland

• Selvitravels
    Participant
    4 posts
    30 July 2022 at 9:27:08 #827918

Hello. I am planning on doing some easy trails in the Bernese Oberland (for eg the Panaroma Trail from Mannlichen, Lake Bachalpsee) in early Sept. Will it be safe as a solo woman traveller to do these trails in Sept ?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6274 posts
    30 July 2022 at 10:02:17 #944936

Hi Selvitravels,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

Yes, I’ve come across many solo hikers on Swiss mountains. These trails you mentioned are fairly easy and safe even for children. As long as you stick to the trails and follow the signs correctly, you should be ok. You can find useful information about hiking on Swiss mountains here: http://www.myswissalps.com/hiking

Regards,

Anna

Lyssa
    Participant
    7 posts
    30 July 2022 at 19:29:01 #944937

Yes, you should be fine hiking solo in early September. Those trails are quite popular and always have other hikers on them, so you are seldom completely alone. I’ve solo hiked the trails you mention in June, July, August, and September over the past 10 years and always felt safe. Gorgeous hikes. Enjoy!

Arno
    15471 posts
    31 July 2022 at 6:31:08 #944938

Thanks for your advice and for those beautiful pictures Lyssa!

• The thread ‘Hiking as solo female and safety in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.