Is the Eiger Trail well marked?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 September 2019 at 12:19:30 #921597

Hi SteveP,

I haven’t done this hike yet, but I’ve found this information for you: http://www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/kleine-scheidegg/eiger-trail/. There is a downloadable map, which shows the closed and the new trail. Maybe this helps a bit.

Hopefully, other travelers have already done this trip and will share their personal experiences. If not, I would suggest you to write an email to info@jungfrau.ch.

Mark
    Participant
    804 posts
    4 September 2019 at 17:52:30 #921598

Hi Steve

i have done the hike several times but not since the construction began but you can see the trail from just below Eigergletscher station off to the right as you look down the mountain. It is the only trail that goes to the right toward the base of the Eiger. Once you are on the trail there are no other side trails or forks. The terrain is wide open with no trees so you can easily see where you are going and pretty much impossible to get lost.

Mark

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    4 September 2019 at 21:51:39 #921599

Hi Lidiko-

The link to open the map inside your link:

http://www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/kleine-scheidegg/eiger-trail/

does not work for me. I cannot get the map. Is it just my browser? Can you open the map?

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 September 2019 at 5:53:18 #921600

Hi Slowpoke,

I do not understand, it opens me very well. I use Chrome. But anyway, I’ve attached it for you. 🙂

Ildiko

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    5 September 2019 at 8:04:26 #921601

Hi Ildiko –

<<“But anyway, I’ve attached it for you. :)”>>

Merci vielmal!

That works for me. The link I got from your earlier post opened but did not show the new route, only the old one.

I am reminded that the overall altitude change is approximately 800 meters descent. For some, that might be hard on the knees.

<<“Distance 6.03km

Duration 2h 50m

Ascent 80m

Descent 783m”>>

Slowpoke

Montana_Mike
    Participant
    4 posts
    5 September 2019 at 13:55:22 #921602

My wife and I just hiked the Eiger Trail two days ago. It is well marked, you will have no problem staying on the trail.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 September 2019 at 14:07:09 #921603

Thank you Montana Mike for the information and also welcome to MySwissAlps! 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 September 2019 at 20:10:58 #921604

Thanks everyone for the excellent info on the Eiger Trail. Because of the forecast of snow next week in that area, I may need to delay my hike for a few days.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    5 September 2019 at 21:19:25 #921605

Hi SteveP-

Don’t know if this will help, but it might.

en.swisswebcams.ch/suc he/ort/kleine%20scheid egg-2660145/

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Is the Eiger Trail well marked?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.