Hiking Eiger to Zermatt without hotel reservations

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 January 2019 at 22:25:32 #819523

My wife and I and our two adult sons are planning a Swiss Alps hike in mid June/early July. The hike will begin in Grindelwald and go through the towns of Wengen, Murren, Griesalp, Kandersteg, Leukerbad and Zermatt.

We would like to be flexible on our lodging dates? Will it be a problem to book lodging in a Youth Hostel or Hotel as we are hiking without reservations?

Thanks,Mike

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    18 January 2019 at 19:12:16 #902340

Hi Mike, welcome to MySwissAlps!

That will be a wonderful hike I’m sure! There’s a good chance you’ll be fine if budget is not an issue, but no guarantees.as you’ll be there in the beginning of high season.Personally I’d at least book one day ahead of time to make sure not to arrive in a hamlet like Griesalp to find everything booked so you’d need to start your search then and there. But, rooms can be booked long before that, particularly more affordable accommodation. You’ll always find a place to stay but may need to be flexible. Another approach is to book, and cancel if needed. This only works if free cancellation is allowed.

These pages might be helpful:

• The thread ‘Hiking Eiger to Zermatt without hotel reservations’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.