Hiking in Jungfrau region

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 August 2011 at 15:35:58 #804580

Hi,

I would like to do some hiking in the above region. I will be on my own, fit and keen to see the scenary. Please could you 1. recommend a route/s around Murren and Grindelwald. Can you hike from one to the other? http://www.ryderwalker.com/self_jungfrau_loop.html#itinerary

2. accomodation along the way? What villiages should I try to stay in? Or are there huts I can stay in along the way?

3. And how many days do you think I need to do this? I will be traveling from Chamonix, so I think I would need at least a day to get there.

4. Do you have a better hike that I should do. Would love to spend about 4 days in the region

thank you any recommendations would be great

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

kim11
    Participant
    604 posts
    10 August 2011 at 11:51:57 #833782

Hi Louise,

I have a 30+ page document of hikes, things to do, transport and lodging tips, etc. in the region. Happy to send it to you. If you want a copy send me a private message with your email address and I can send it to you that way. The document is written from a Wengen base (my favorite village in the Bernese Oberland) but easily translatable to a Mürren base.

Mürren and Wengen are very different than Grindlewald. The former are small, car-free villages up in the mountains. Grindlewald sits at the base of a mountain, is full of traffic, tourists, and shops.

Yes, you can walk from Mürren to Grindelwald. Unless you are a very experienced mountain hiker or use public transportation for part of the trip it will take you two days to get there. There are more interesting hikes in the area.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 August 2011 at 14:04:00 #833783

Thanks Kim, that is really useful to know. I am not sure how to send you a private message though? Any tips on this forum?

thank you

Louise

Arno
    15471 posts
    10 August 2011 at 14:12:17 #833784

Hi Louise,

Just click on Kim’s username (kim11) and you’ll get on a page that allows you to send a private message.

• The thread ‘Hiking in Jungfrau region’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10610 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.