Hiking plans around Mt Rigi

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 March 2015 at 16:11:22 #806982

hello-

we have one full day and our plans were to take the boat from Lucerne to Vitznau, take the cog up and spend the day hiking around, end up in Weggis to take the boat back to Lucerne by 4-5, to enjoy a nice dinner before we head out the next morning.

I have read about cheese making farms up in the mountains which sounds cool.

and we do want to take the boat excursion at least one way.

The hike experience is what we are interested in besides the my Rigi trip, to absorb the ambience of the area.

We are (easy-) moderate ability hikers. Could hike for 2-4 hours?

i have read the Rigi info and have searched several people’s hikes. It seems hard to find online maps of just the hiking trails.

Without knowing the area it is difficult to choose what might be best for us!

any suggestions would be welcome.

thank you for your help m

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    15 March 2015 at 12:10:41 #842025

Hello LMontB,

Your plan sounds good, now all you need is a hiking trail. There are various ideas listed on http://www.rigi.ch. You can consider the 3 hour route from Romiti (a train stop between Vitznau and Rigi Kaltbad) to Rigi Kulm (the top). Apart from the maps on that website you can find a map of all the trails on http://www.wanderland.ch.

More information can be found on our Rigi page.

• The thread ‘Hiking plans around Mt Rigi’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.