Best hiking to and from Eggishorn in Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 April 2019 at 0:11:38 #820730

Hello,

I am looking to hike up to the summit of Eggishorn, and get back down somehow. I’m collecting information from various sites to figure out what is the best option – taking into account having a decent hiking challenge, monetary value, and great views.

I am most likely going to be doing the following:

• Cable car from Betten Talstation to Bettmerhorn ($24.80)
    • Hike up from Bettmerhorn up to Eggishorn summit, and down to Fiescheralp (4.3 miles)
    • Cable car down from Fiescheralp to Fiesch ($20)

But am considering these changes/additions and would like your opinions/facts:

• Doing this in the opposite direction (Fiesch > Betten Talstation) which way would have better views? which way is more difficult?
    • Hiking from Bettmeralp to Bettmerhorn (or opposite)not sure how far or how difficult this is?
    • Hiking from Fiescheralp to Fiesch (or opposite) not sure how far or how difficult this is?

I THINK these prices and distances are correct (Please let me know if they seem incorrect)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jonathan

• The thread ‘Best hiking to and from Eggishorn in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.