Apr 2, 2019 - 12:11 AM
I am looking to hike up to the summit of Eggishorn, and get back down somehow. I'm collecting information from various sites to figure out what is the best option - taking into account having a decent hiking challenge, monetary value, and great views.
I am most likely going to be doing the following:
- Cable car from Betten Talstation to Bettmerhorn ($24.80)
- Hike up from Bettmerhorn up to Eggishorn summit, and down to Fiescheralp (4.3 miles)
- Cable car down from Fiescheralp to Fiesch ($20)
But am considering these changes/additions and would like your opinions/facts:
- Doing this in the opposite direction (Fiesch > Betten Talstation) - which way would have better views? which way is more difficult?
- Hiking from Bettmeralp to Bettmerhorn (or opposite) - not sure how far or how difficult this is?
- Hiking from Fiescheralp to Fiesch (or opposite) - not sure how far or how difficult this is?
I THINK these prices and distances are correct (Please let me know if they seem incorrect)
Thanks in advance for your help!