Swiss Travel Pass for Kleine Scheidegg & First?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 April 2018 at 15:30:28 #815087

Hi, I’m thinking to do either the Männlichen to Kleine Scheidegg 0r First – Bachsee – First hike on the 1st June.

For Männlichen to Kleine Scheidegg, this is how to get there: You can take the cable car from Wengen to Männlichen, or the gondola from Grindelwald Grund to Männlichen. Wengen and Grindelwald Grund can be reached by train. From Kleine Scheidegg, there are trains to Grindelwald and Wengen/Lauterbrunnen. May I know if this whole route covered by Swiss Travel Pass? Or which part is not covered and how much is the fee?

For First – Bachsee – First, You will first travel to Grindelwald by car or by train. A 15 minute walk is required to get from the train station to the gondola that takes you up to First. Alternatively you can take a bus. Same for this, may I know if this whole route covered by Swiss Travel Pass? Or which part is not covered and how much is the fee?

Which of the above hike scenery is more worth the hike if to choose one? And how can I have the hiking map for the above both?

Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    1 April 2018 at 17:31:09 #880632

Hi Yeewen,

Basically Swiss Travel Pass includes free traveling until Wengen and Grindelwald, and 25-50% discounts on anything beyond those towns. You can download the detailed map here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity. The link in the bottom of http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/tickets allows you to find all regular prices.

Both hikes are absolutely wonderful. I don’t prefer one over the other I think. You’ll find the details and pictures here:

Männlichen to Kleine Scheidegg is shorter, but perhaps one could say it offers more variety because you don’t walk or travel the same way on your return trip.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 April 2018 at 2:49:25 #880633

Hi Yeewen,

>> I’m thinking to do either the Männlichen to Kleine Scheidegg 0r First – Bachsee – First hike on the 1st June.

One of the forum experts on Wengen, Kim, says she has never seen the Männlichen-Kleine Scheidegg walk open before 12-15 June. See her post of Jan 16, 2018 – 6:28 AM on the following page:

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/traveling-to-berner-oberland-in-late-may

The cable car from Wengen to Männlichen and the gondola from Grindelwald Grund to Männlichen will, however, be operating, as will the gondola from Grindelwald to First.

You can ask at one of the local tourist offices once you get there. They will be able to tell you which walks are open.

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass for Kleine Scheidegg & First?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.