Day hike in Wengen or Mürren area mid May

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
ANDInt
ANDInt
1 post
May 12, 2019 - 3:51 PM

I am planning a short trip to Wengen and would love to do a 1 day hike coming Friday May 17, but I am not sure what the late winter allows. I have already last year completed the hike Wengen to Kleine Scheidegg (Mendelssohnweg) end of the summer last year, but that is probably not an option.

I would love to get some advice. What about for example the following:

Wengen to Lauterbrunnen by train and then the cable car from to Grütschalp. From there hike to Mürren. From Mürren continue the hike towards Gimmelwald, Stechelberg. Then finally walk through the Lauterbrunnen valley before taking the train back to Wengen. Is this doable in 1 day? Including up to Piz Gloria?

I have never hiked on the Mürren side of the valley, so perhaps what I am proposing does not make sense.

Is it better to stay around Wengen and if so what hike is possible for this time fo the year that is not too demanding.

Many thanks

Steph
Steph
1077 posts
top member &
May 13, 2019 - 3:30 AM in reply to ANDInt

Hello ANDInt and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

Nice to hear you're coming to do some hiking.

Please find the link to the mentioned hike below:
- www.myswissalps.com/hi king/gruetschalp-muerren

For more hiking options in the Wengen and Murren area use:
- www.myswissalps.com/we ngen/activities
- www.myswissalps.com/mu rren/activities

It's recommendable checking the weather forecast and also path conditions upon arrival with the local authorities.
- www.myswissalps.com/we ather/forecast
- www.myswissalps.com/hi king/preparation

I hope this helps. Get back to us for further support.

Best,
Steph

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019