Day hike in Wengen or Mürren area mid May

• ANDInt
    Participant
    1 post
    12 May 2019 at 15:51:26 #821596

I am planning a short trip to Wengen and would love to do a 1 day hike coming Friday May 17, but I am not sure what the late winter allows. I have already last year completed the hike Wengen to Kleine Scheidegg (Mendelssohnweg) end of the summer last year, but that is probably not an option.

I would love to get some advice. What about for example the following:

Wengen to Lauterbrunnen by train and then the cable car from to Grütschalp. From there hike to Mürren. From Mürren continue the hike towards Gimmelwald, Stechelberg. Then finally walk through the Lauterbrunnen valley before taking the train back to Wengen. Is this doable in 1 day? Including up to Piz Gloria?

I have never hiked on the Mürren side of the valley, so perhaps what I am proposing does not make sense.

Is it better to stay around Wengen and if so what hike is possible for this time fo the year that is not too demanding.

Many thanks

• The thread ‘Day hike in Wengen or Mürren area mid May’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.