Hiring of Jackets/ Boots/ Gloves

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2013 at 3:00:53 #805973

Hello friends, would appreciate if someone can inform me regarding feasibility of hiring Jackets/ Boots/ Gloves for visits to Mt Titlis and Jungfrau. If so, where are they available and how much do they cost?

Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2013 at 3:53:10 #838605

Would appreciate if someone can help me with this!!

Arno
    15471 posts
    8 May 2013 at 13:40:52 #838606

Hello psatishmenon,

Please be patient (see the forum rules); your post was on the forum for less than 24 hours. Everyone will get an answer here. As for your question: if you’re planning a normal visit to these places, it’s my experience that multiple layers of regular clothing, plus sun glasses, is good enough. If you plan to be outside for a longer time or do activities in the snow, then indeed you need better clothing. For the Titlis, see this topic. For the Jungfrau: you can contact the Intersport shop in Interlaken. I know they rent out gear, but you can best contact them directly for the exact options.

I hope this helps you out. Have fun up there!

• The thread ‘Hiring of Jackets/ Boots/ Gloves’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.