Hotel guest cards for Swiss mountain transport

• Sunset
    Participant
    76 posts
    3 May 2023 at 13:22:17 #829755

Hello dear team, I am going to get Swiss travel pass during my stay in Switzerland. I think it does not cover to Mannlichen or above Grindelwald. Am I correct? Is there a train or cable which is covered through Swiss pass?

The hotel was mentioning that it provides us with guest cards. Does that guest card gives certain percenrage off on some cable cars etc. Now is this discount on top of the Swiss pass discount on those cable cars etc? So do both discounts combine?

Thank you so much!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Yolanda
    2333 posts
    3 May 2023 at 21:09:43 #954056

Hello Sunset,

That’s great you have decided to opt with the Swiss Travel Pass for your trip here. For all details of its coverage, please take a look here:

Mountain transport to Männlichen and above Grindelwald will be discounted. You can take the train for free, from Wengen to Grindelwald Terminal.

Are you referring to the Guest Card for Wengen? They do offer various local discounts and yes, to some local transport. Though, the discount with the Swiss Travel Pass will be greater. It is unlikely, you can combine both discounts.

Kind regards,

Yolanda

Sunset
    Participant
    76 posts
    4 May 2023 at 20:28:57 #954057

Thank you Yolanda! I always appreciate all your help and time at all times!

• The thread ‘Hotel guest cards for Swiss mountain transport’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.