Hotel in Kandersteg for 5 days end of June

• earthdigr
    Participant
    11 posts
    4 February 2019 at 21:31:18 #819786

My husband and I will spend 5 days hiking out of Kandersteg from June 30 – July 5. We would like a hotel room with a balcony and view of the mountains walking distance from the train station. We can pay up to $200 per night. Please give us hotel recommendations along with specific room recommendations.

Thank you in advance. Earthdigr

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

EigerTyger
    Participant
    22 posts
    5 February 2019 at 0:40:56 #903558

There are several fine hotels in Kandersteg but we prefer the Hotel Bernerhof for it’s wonderful view of the mountains and the little church fronting the view. You can see this view by going to en.swisswebcams.ch/ and typing in Kandersteg. The food is fabulous also and the train station is only about a five-minute walk away. They will also pick you up if needed.

earthdigr
    Participant
    11 posts
    5 February 2019 at 1:04:13 #903559

Thank you. I’ve been looking at Hotel Bernerhof. It looks beautiful. I’d love to get a balcony with a mountain view. Do you have any “ins”?

EigerTyger
    Participant
    22 posts
    5 February 2019 at 3:28:57 #903560

You’re welcome! Not sure what “ins” means. lol

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 February 2019 at 9:24:46 #903561

Hi Earthdigr

Maybe the following links can support you to find the perfect accommodation.

http://www.myswissalps.com/ka ndervalley/hotels

Enjoy your stay.

SLOHiker
    Participant
    5 posts
    10 February 2019 at 4:21:50 #903562

I give an unreserved five star recommendation for Hotel Bernerhof. You’ll be within easy walking distance of the Kandersteg train station and can secure a view room by asking the owners, Claudia and Gerhard Lehmann, when you make a reservation directly on the hotel’s site. Stayed there a couple years ago and had a Superior Room with balcony providing a stunning view across a meadow to the mountains with the little church mentioned by AlpApe. We paid a slight premium for a view room but considered it well worth the extra price, as the view was spectacular – even from the window in the shower! Can’t speak directly to room rates because we booked half board where breakfast and dinner are included with the room.

Enjoy Kandersteg. It’s a great location for hiking and day trips on the train.

• The thread ‘Hotel in Kandersteg for 5 days end of June’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10610 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.