Hotel in Wengen with view of Lauterbrunnen Valley?

• Puakomermaid
    Participant
    8 posts
    8 February 2019 at 7:35:27 #819834

Years ago I stayed in Garni Schweizerheim, apparently now apartments. I seek similar view with balcony of valley unobstructed for a week stay around Sept 1, 2019. I’m considering Alpenrose or Wengener Hof. I desire half board so good food important too. How do these two compare or can an expert make a better suggestion?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Drexelius
    Participant
    20 posts
    8 February 2019 at 13:48:10 #903797

My wife and I are staying at the Hotel Edelweiss a little ways down the hill from the train station in June and they have many rooms that have a great view of the mountains/valley. They also have great reviews on Tripadvisor.

kim11
    Participant
    604 posts
    8 February 2019 at 17:12:20 #903798

The two hotels with the most stunning unobstructed views down the entire valley are Bellevue (aptly named) and Wengenerhof. Bellevue in particular seems to be perched right at mouth of valley. They have a webcam on their website

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 February 2019 at 18:32:06 #903799

Hi!

What is your budget? If money is no object, you can consider the Silberhorn in Wengen: https://www.hotelscomb ined.com/Hotel/Hotel_S ilberhorn_Wengen.htm.

If you’re after breath-taking views, you may also consider hotels in Kleine Scheidegg which have even better views! I think there may even be some budget ones by the station also.

For example the Bellevue des Alpes is a beautiful historic hotel: http://www.scheidegg-hotels.ch/

A link to the area you’re looking at:

Enjoy your stay in Switzerland!

Maria.

Puakomermaid
    Participant
    8 posts
    8 February 2019 at 21:54:35 #903800

I am so thrilled to get responses. Thank you to everyone.

I stayed in Silberhorn in 1985. It was lovely. It was in my budget.

I am looking for view of Lauterbrunen Valley.

Kim do you have an opinion on food at Bellevue vs Wengenerhof? We desire half board? ( I enjoyed your multiple documents. Excellent info)

kim11
    Participant
    604 posts
    8 February 2019 at 21:58:42 #903801

I have not stayed at either hotel (we always stay long enough that we rent apartments) but have had excellent reviews from a number of people that have stayed at both. Both about the hotel and the food. Note, of course, that both are older, more traditional hotels.

As for rooms, the view-facing corner rooms at the Bellevue get huge raves for the scenery.

For many years we have rented the small chalet directly next door to the Bellevue. I can vouch for the views from there!

Thank you for your compliment!

StevefromHou
    Participant
    145 posts
    10 February 2019 at 17:13:13 #903802

I stayed at the Wengenerhof a couple years ago and it is a beautiful hotel with great views. I would not hesitate staying there again on my next visit. If you call from Lauterbrunnen station they will send a electric car to pick you up and drive you to the hotel, or you can load you luggage and stroll back to the hotel.

• The thread ‘Hotel in Wengen with view of Lauterbrunnen Valley?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10620 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.