Opinions requested on hotel Marta in Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 August 2018 at 13:43:33 #817958

Hello everyone,

Like to check if anyone has stayed at Hotel Marta in Zurich before and if yes, would like to seek opinions/reviews on them as I understand it is not featured in the list of hotels in Zurich.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 August 2018 at 19:12:53 #894545

Friends have stayed at Hotel Marta which is close to the Hauptbahnhoff (main station) so quite convenient.However, their comment was that the rooms were sparsely furnished and a bit spartan – but then it is 2 star as are most in that cluster. Personally I find that part of town too noisy at times.

My opinion for what it is worth 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 August 2018 at 7:07:10 #894546

Hi DSL,

I haven’t stayed there but the location is convenient for Zurich. You do have a tram line running in front of you which could be loud (or just traffic noise in general).

For a similar price, check out the Hotel Montana which I’ve been to and thought was a good budget option. It is also quite close the the main train station but wasn’t noisy.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 August 2018 at 10:38:16 #894547

Good Morning, DSL,

I see that you actually requested options and see that you have one in the Hotel Montana from Lucas, a Moderator on this site.

My first choice is the Hotel Ni-Mo on Seefeldstrasse, close to Stadelhofen station which is in turn the station before Hauptbahnhof if you’re coming in from the airport. It is on a tram line so very convenient, a quick walk to the city centre, museums, the Opera, the big bus terminus at Bellvue , and two easy walking blocks up from the Lake.

The hotel is a converted old building, small enough to be boutique, kind and helpful staff, spotlessly clean, spacious rooms, coffee and snacks available most of the day in what is essentially a shop front looking out onto the activities of the street. Nice restaurants in the area attract a nice clientele, the hotel has free wi-fi, the restaurants all do … They should pay me to write this!! <lol>

• The thread ‘Opinions requested on hotel Marta in Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.