Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Opinions requested on hotel Marta in Zurich

Opinions requested on hotel Marta in Zurich

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
DSL
DSL
28 posts
Aug 19, 2018 - 1:43 PM

Hello everyone,

Like to check if anyone has stayed at Hotel Marta in Zurich before and if yes, would like to seek opinions/reviews on them as I understand it is not featured in the list of hotels in Zurich.

Last modified on Aug 20, 2018 - 7:08 AM by Lucas
Tours
Tours
16 posts
Aug 19, 2018 - 7:12 PM

Friends have stayed at Hotel Marta which is close to the Hauptbahnhoff (main station) so quite convenient.However, their comment was that the rooms were sparsely furnished and a bit spartan - but then it is 2 star as are most in that cluster. Personally I find that part of town too noisy at times.

My opinion for what it is worth :-)

Lucas
Lucas
10495 posts
top member
Aug 20, 2018 - 7:07 AM in reply to DSL

Hi DSL,

I haven't stayed there but the location is convenient for Zurich. You do have a tram line running in front of you which could be loud (or just traffic noise in general).

For a similar price, check out the Hotel Montana which I've been to and thought was a good budget option. It is also quite close the the main train station but wasn't noisy.

Tours
Tours
16 posts
Aug 20, 2018 - 10:38 AM in reply to DSL

Good Morning, DSL,

I see that you actually requested options and see that you have one in the Hotel Montana from Lucas, a Moderator on this site.

My first choice is the Hotel Ni-Mo on Seefeldstrasse, close to Stadelhofen station which is in turn the station before Hauptbahnhof if you're coming in from the airport. It is on a tram line so very convenient, a quick walk to the city centre, museums, the Opera, the big bus terminus at Bellvue , and two easy walking blocks up from the Lake.

The hotel is a converted old building, small enough to be boutique, kind and helpful staff, spotlessly clean, spacious rooms, coffee and snacks available most of the day in what is essentially a shop front looking out onto the activities of the street. Nice restaurants in the area attract a nice clientele, the hotel has free wi-fi, the restaurants all do ... They should pay me to write this!! <lol>

Last modified on Aug 20, 2018 - 12:13 PM by Lucas

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020