Hotel recommendation near Interlaken Ost?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
jbhawtan
jbhawtan
24 posts
Jul 27, 2015 - 6:13 PM

I am looking for a hotel recommendation for 5 nights (starting 29th Aug) near Interlaken OST train station. This is for a lady travelling alone, so looking for something safe and convenient for travelling around Interlaken area. Budget is around $100 - $150 per night. Appreciate your help

Last modified on Jul 27, 2015 - 6:15 PM by jbhawtan
vikicork
vikicork
44 posts
Jul 27, 2015 - 9:23 PM in reply to jbhawtan

I can recommend the hotel which I myself stayed in last month .

Hotel Du Lac right next to both Interlaken Ost as well as boat dock .just a minute walk from both and the closest hotel by far .I had a nice river view room as well as taken half board as the food was excellent .

the owner Mr Hoffman and his wife and daughter are excellent hosts and very helpful as are all the staff .

Im not sure about the rate though and whether it will fit in your budget .

I thought i got an excellent rate for the room I had with half board .

when i had gone in early June ,the climate was wonderful .Ive heard its a bit hot now but maybe by late August should cool again .

gl in your search

jbhawtan
jbhawtan
24 posts
Jul 27, 2015 - 9:37 PM

Thank you so much vikicork for your response, I checked, unfortunately this hotel is not available for all the nights I am looking for... Must be popular hotel.

vikicork
vikicork
44 posts
Jul 27, 2015 - 10:16 PM

Hotel wasn't available when I booked too I emailed them directly . Try that

Last modified on Jul 27, 2015 - 10:19 PM by vikicork
jbhawtan
jbhawtan
24 posts
Jul 28, 2015 - 1:21 AM

Good to know that, will give it a try. Any idea if prices will be same if emailed directly or more or cheaper from your experience?

KL
KL
14 posts
Jul 28, 2015 - 8:37 AM

I stayed at Interlaken west (next staion to OST). Best western - decent hotel. Was only 2 minutes walk from the station. One can have a leisure walk between OST & West. You will have to check the price. See the reviews on websites before you take a call. But location wise superb.

Arno
Arno
14078 posts
expert &
Jul 28, 2015 - 12:17 PM

Apart from the excellent suggestions above (both hotels are just a few steps from either the Ost or West rail station), you can take a look at our Interlaken page. It lists several hotels, plus information on how to get there.

The budget is quite tight for Interlaken in August (assuming she prefers a private room and non-shared bathroom). If it can be stretched a bit you can have a look at the Carlton Europe hotel. It's along the main road connecting Interlaken West and Ost, 4 minutes on foot from the Ost station. They still have single rooms available for € 805.

jbhawtan
jbhawtan
24 posts
Jul 28, 2015 - 4:56 PM

Thanks All. I ended up booking Hotel Du Lac , 4 nights from booking.com and 1 night from the hotel website itself. 5 nights straight were not available on any of the website for the dates of travel.

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
6768 posts
expert
Jul 28, 2015 - 5:32 PM in reply to Arno

<<"They still have single rooms available for € 805.">>

The exchange rate must have jumped a bit since I last looked. ;-)

Slowpoke.

Arno
Arno
14078 posts
expert &
Jul 28, 2015 - 6:21 PM in reply to Slowpoke

That was the rate for all 5 nights Slowpoke :-)

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
6768 posts
expert
Jul 28, 2015 - 8:32 PM in reply to Arno

<<"They still have single rooms available for € 805.">>

<<"That was the rate for all 5 nights Slowpoke :-)">>

Oooops. ;-)

Still, not a bad for short notice during high season.

Slowpoke

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019