Train station names & best station in Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 September 2018 at 3:37:35 #818451

i have booked a hotel in Interlaken West (Hotel Bellevue) but I notice the train seems close to Interlaken Ost. Would you suggest I rebook a hotel in Interlaken Ost? Is there a large distance between the two?

We are also ending our trip in Zurich but will only be there one full day and one night. I was going to book a hotel by the airport. I noticed when looking at train schedules ( which I admit I have not mastered yet) the train goes to Flughafen or Zurich HB. Are either of these close to the airport?

I have decided to forgo the Golden Pass train from Interlaken to Luzern. I am assuming I can take a regular train?

I appreciate your help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    20 September 2018 at 3:47:53 #896581

Hello Criss,

There are regular trains and buses between Interlaken OST and West. The train takes only a few minutes.

Flughafen is the airport and HB is the main station in downtown Zurich. It’s a short train ride between the two. Stay downtown.

There is only one train between Interlaken and Luzern if you go via Meiringen. It’s called the Luzern to Interlaken Express and is just a regular hourly commuter train that covers one leg of the multi-legged Golden Pass Line.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 September 2018 at 4:05:52 #896582

That is extremely helpful. Thx. I have trouble booking the Golden Pass Line from Interlaken to Luzerne online as it only appears to have routes going the other direction. I’ll keep trying. Will I need to book it for Nov. 8?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    20 September 2018 at 4:43:15 #896583

You don’t need to book (ie make seat reservations) at all for the Luzern to Interlaken Express (it runs both ways). Use the SBB Timetable (http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) to plan your travel.

If you have a Swiss Travel Pass, just hop on any departure that suits.

Otherwise just buy a ticket from the station prior to boarding.

ucchoi01
    Participant
    28 posts
    22 September 2018 at 12:44:12 #896584

If you star in Zurich near the Opera, the Stadelhofenplatz train (not tram) goes directly to airport

ucchoi01
    Participant
    28 posts
    22 September 2018 at 12:44:42 #896585

Stay not star

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 September 2018 at 13:26:50 #896586

You can check the timetable from any station in Zurich (like Stadelhofen) to the airport on the timetable too: http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

• The thread ‘Train station names & best station in Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.