Recommendations for hotels in Luzern?

Recommendations for hotels in Luzern?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
sreraku
sreraku
39 posts
Feb 15, 2018 - 3:59 AM

Hello Experts

I am thinking of the following hotels in Luzern. Any first hand experiences or recommendations between these please?

Hotel Central am See

The Tourist City & River Hotel Luzern

Hotel Balm

I am looking for accommodation close to train station (we have to walk), breakfast facility and good/neat rooms with attached bath.

A good view of lake or mountains is a plus but not mandatory.

Appreciate your help.

Thx

sreraku

Lucas
Lucas
8941 posts
expert &
Feb 15, 2018 - 8:13 AM in reply to sreraku

HI Sreraku,

I can't give you any 1st hand perspectives as I haven't stayed at those hotels. We do have a list of recommended hotels for Luzern noted here (with details on how close to the train station they are etc).

The Hotel Central am See is in nearby Weggis not Luzern. Are you wanting to be near Luzern train station or just close to a train station? That hotel is only a 5 minute walk from Weggis Schiffstation for train or boat dock (45 minutes from Luzern train station).

The Tourist City & River Hotel is in the town of Luzern (15 minute walk from the train station).

The Hotel Balm is in the village of Meggen...outskirts of Luzern & closer to Luzern than Weggis (15 minutes by bus).

Last modified on Feb 15, 2018 - 8:14 AM by Lucas
leora
leora
7 posts
Feb 16, 2018 - 11:05 AM in reply to Lucas

hi

we just got back from staying one night is the Ameron hotel is lucerne, 4 minute walk to train station, not inside the old city but very close to the wooden bridge on the other side of the river. everything is close by. on a quiet side street so no great view but we did have a porch and were on a high floor so could see a bit. comfortable room, nice decor, recommended.

leora

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018