Recommendations for hotels in Luzern?

• sreraku
    Participant
    68 posts
    15 February 2018 at 3:59:44 #814364

Hello Experts

I am thinking of the following hotels in Luzern. Any first hand experiences or recommendations between these please?

Hotel Central am See

The Tourist City & River Hotel Luzern

Hotel Balm

I am looking for accommodation close to train station (we have to walk), breakfast facility and good/neat rooms with attached bath.

A good view of lake or mountains is a plus but not mandatory.

Appreciate your help.

Thx

sreraku

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 February 2018 at 8:13:09 #876305

HI Sreraku,

I can’t give you any 1st hand perspectives as I haven’t stayed at those hotels. We do have a list of recommended hotels for Luzern noted here (with details on how close to the train station they are etc).

The Hotel Central am See is in nearby Weggis not Luzern. Are you wanting to be near Luzern train station or just close to a train station? That hotel is only a 5 minute walk from Weggis Schiffstation for train or boat dock (45 minutes from Luzern train station).

The Tourist City & River Hotel is in the town of Luzern (15 minute walk from the train station).

The Hotel Balm is in the village of Meggen…outskirts of Luzern & closer to Luzern than Weggis (15 minutes by bus).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 February 2018 at 11:05:26 #876306

hi

we just got back from staying one night is the Ameron hotel is lucerne, 4 minute walk to train station, not inside the old city but very close to the wooden bridge on the other side of the river. everything is close by. on a quiet side street so no great view but we did have a porch and were on a high floor so could see a bit. comfortable room, nice decor, recommended.

leora

• The thread ‘Recommendations for hotels in Luzern?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.