Hotels in Switzerland with snow in April

Hotels in Switzerland with snow in April

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
aesyah
aesyah
5 posts
Jan 1, 2018 - 10:12 AM

Hi,

I am travelling to Swiss on 18th to 24th April 2018. My interest is more on mountain sight seeing and plan to book hotel in a snow area. Below is my rough itinerary. Please advice.

Geneva - Zermatt (Matterhorn) - Bern - Grindelwald (Jungfrou) - Engelberg - Lucerne - Zurich

where is the possible place that i still can get hotel in snow are? Engelberg or Zermat or Grindelwald?

Thank you.

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Jan 1, 2018 - 12:10 PM

Hi aesyah,

The Kulmhotel Gornergrat is the highest hotel in the Swiss Alps and about 50 minutes from Zermatt by train.

I don't think you can find a hotel in the snow in Engelberg and Grindelwald at that time of the year. In April the snow starts to pull back at lower altitudes.

There are however places reachable by public transport offering all year snow experience:

Arno
Arno
10757 posts
expert &
Jan 3, 2018 - 2:48 PM

Hi Aesyah,

The location of Berghotel Trübsee might still be snowy, but no guarantees. It's located along the cableway to Mount Titlis.

aesyah
aesyah
5 posts
Jan 6, 2018 - 7:35 AM in reply to Chantal

Thanks Chantal and Arno :)

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018