How about Lucerne as a base for 5 days?

How about Lucerne as a base for 5 days?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Fharthi
Fharthi
3 posts
Feb 19, 2018 - 1:53 PM

Hi there,

I am coming in the late of July to Switzerland in Honeymoon , i planned to stay in Lucerne 3 days and two in Interlaken , i found the hotels in Lucerne more better for me to live in , so i am wondering if i could stay in Lucerne all the 5 days as a base to visit Jungfraujoch & Lauterbrunnen & main sightseeing around Interlaken.

Yes I have a car indeed .!

By the way my plan is :

arrived night in Zurich , 5 nights for Lucerne , heading to Gstaad for two nights , Montreux for two nights , Lugano for 2 nights while i am heading to Milan.

any suggestions or tips ?

Regards..

Faisal

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Feb 19, 2018 - 5:16 PM in reply to Fharthi

Hi Faisal, welcome to MySwissAlps,

You could do that. It just means you spending more time in the car. The drive from Lucerne to Interlaken is one hour. So you spend at least two hours a day on top of what you will be driving in the Interlaken area.

Have you checked the hotels in Mürren or Grindelwald?

Make sure to check as well:

You may want to invest in a Swiss Half Fare Card. Transport into the mountains (by cable car, funicular, cogwheel train, etc.) and boat trips are discounted by 50%.

Last modified on Feb 19, 2018 - 5:16 PM by Chantal
rockoyster
rockoyster
3684 posts
expert
Feb 20, 2018 - 5:06 AM in reply to Fharthi

Hello Faisal,

You wrote "any suggestions or tips ?".

Yes, use trains and boats and buses and cable cars to get around. The Swiss Public Transport system is fantastic.

I may not convince you but at least read this www.myswissalps.com/ca rversustrain before your decide to drive. 😇

Fharthi
Fharthi
3 posts
Feb 20, 2018 - 12:30 PM in reply to Chantal

Thanks a lot Chantal for response ..

you change my mind and now i am thinking to book two nights in Interlaken or Grindelwald to save more time and of course to see the train path scenery , which rated high more than car road . am i right ?

Regards ..

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Feb 20, 2018 - 6:12 PM in reply to Fharthi

Hi Faisal,

I think it's a good idea to book two nights in Grindelwald (or Interlaken).

Rockoyster's suggestion to use public transportation is very valid. The scenery by car is beautiful too, but the only one who can really enjoy that is the one in the passenger seat. I don't know how much experience you have with driving in the mountains, even if you have, it will still require concentration.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018