How to make reservations with Swiss Travel Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 November 2018 at 9:44:54 #819016

Hi, I have already purchased a Swiss Travel Pass (8days, 1st class) effective 2 Dec and i’d be travelling on a few routes in that week. Zurich airport to Interlaken ost, Interlaken ost to Frutigen, Frutigen to Lucern and finally Lucern to Zurich.

while i know it may not be necessary but I’d like to make seat reservations. I couldn’t figure out how to make seat reservations online with my Travel Pass, could you kindly advise me please? Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15481 posts
    25 November 2018 at 10:20:54 #899490

Hi Celastruna, welcome to MySwissAlps!

It’s indeed not necessary to make seat reservations. All you need is your Swiss Travel Pass. Swiss trains work like subway systems: you don’t book a particular train in advance. Instead you go to the station and board the first train that fits your schedule. You can read all about it here: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/reservations. Click to the price tab if you still like to book seats in advance for the trains that allow this. Note that you don’t make reservations “with” the Swiss Travel Pass. The pass and the reservations are two separate products. A reservation would be valid with any other type of pass or ticket as well.

Enjoy your journeys!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 November 2018 at 0:46:15 #899491

I assure you, you don’t need reservations.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 November 2018 at 1:20:28 #899492

Thanks both for your kind advice! Am assured now 🙂

• The thread ‘How to make reservations with Swiss Travel Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.