How is the weather in Wengen in April

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 February 2020 at 6:46:38 #825317

Hi,

we are family. of five with three. kids, ages, 15,11,10. We are coming on 7th April and leaving on 12th April. we are a bit confused as where to stay, as easter is also coming in these days. Wengen will be open at this time of the year? how cold is the weather there? grocery shops, cable cars etc will be open?

thank you,

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6382 posts
    23 February 2020 at 7:59:13 #930671

Hi Quratulainz,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

April is considered the tail-end of the winter season in Wengen. But don’t worry Wengen is accessible all year. It is a mountain village and people do live here. There is a fairly sized Coop (a supermarket) in the village which sells all the basics and more. There are also plenty of restaurants. The Männlichen cable cars operate until 13 April in the winter season, after which it will close for maintenance before resuming operation in May for the summer season.

During the long easter weekend (10 – 13 April), trains will run as usual but services may be reduced and some shops may be closed on Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday.

More information about Wengen here: http://www.myswissalps.com/wengen

Be sure to read this too: http://www.myswissalps.com/besttimetovisit

Regards,

Anna

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 February 2020 at 12:37:21 #930672

Thank you Anna.

Really appreciate your feedback. So we should go for Wengen, right? We do have a cancelablebooking in Interlaken though. So from your feed back I assume that we should stay in Wengen and let go of the Interlaken booking.

Anna
    6382 posts
    23 February 2020 at 13:13:42 #930673

Hi again.

I can’t make that decision for you. You can read about Interlaken here: http://www.myswissalps.com/interlaken, and decide for yourself if you would prefer to stay in a small mountain village or a bigger town. Interlaken has more shops and restaurants and better transport links. If those are important for you, I would recommend picking Interlaken as a base.

Regards,

Anna

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 February 2020 at 2:26:01 #930674

Thanks again. Booked in Wengen so I guess it will be a fun trip living in the Alps 🙂

• The thread ‘How is the weather in Wengen in April’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.