Bernina Express seat reservation – buy in advance?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 May 2018 at 9:26:36 #816216

Hi, i will be travelling to swiss from july 18th to july 24th, and in one of these days we want to take the bernina express from chur to tirano with swiss train pass. how long in advance shoul i make the seat reservation? any suggestions? i am asking that because of weather , so i could choose a bright sunny day to do that if i book last minute. but i am afraid if it is always full this time of the year or i don’t need to be worried because it is easy to reserve seat at last minute seat places? we are 4 (2 adults and a 4 and 7 y/o children). thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 May 2018 at 10:11:40 #886276

Hi Alexodash,

It is a very busy train in July and reservations sell out quickly. If you want to ensure you travel on the train I would reserve as soon as possible (90 days in advance).

https://www.myswissalp s.com/berninaexpress/p ackages

If you don’t want to commit to a date due to weather concerns (I wouldn’t worry too much about that) then you can always travel on regional trains on the exact same route and not worry about reservations & just hop on with your Swiss Travel Pass.

When you say Swiss train pass you mean the Swiss Travel Pass I am guessing? or another rail pass?

• The thread ‘Bernina Express seat reservation – buy in advance?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.