How many Swiss Travel Pass needed for our family?

• Knight
    Participant
    2 posts
    13 June 2017 at 17:09:57 #812256

I will be traveling in Switzerland next month with my wife and two children (both under 15).

Will one Swiss Travel Pass with Swiss Family Card cover all four of us? Or do we need to buy two Swiss Travel Passes to cover the adults, and get the Swiss Family Card to cover the children?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 June 2017 at 6:42:10 #865090

Hi Knight and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Correct on the 2nd guess :). You will need one Swiss Travel Pass for each adult – but just one Swiss Family Card to cover both kids.

The Swiss Travel Pass can be bought online here. You can then have it emailed to you for printing at home so you are ready to go as soon as you arrive in country. You can add on the free Swiss Family Card when ordering it.
    The kids will travel free with on every route in Switzerland (even on the routes where you have to pay a partial amount with the Swiss Travel Pass (where it is valid is noted here).

Lucas

Knight
    Participant
    2 posts
    15 June 2017 at 12:25:38 #865091

Thanks, Lucas! Good to know that one of my guesses was right — I just wish it had been my first guess! 🙂

• The thread ‘How many Swiss Travel Pass needed for our family?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.