How many Swiss Travel Pass needed for our family?

How many Swiss Travel Pass needed for our family?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Knight
Knight
2 posts
Jun 13, 2017 - 5:09 PM

I will be traveling in Switzerland next month with my wife and two children (both under 15).

Will one Swiss Travel Pass with Swiss Family Card cover all four of us? Or do we need to buy two Swiss Travel Passes to cover the adults, and get the Swiss Family Card to cover the children?

Lucas
Lucas
8092 posts
expert &
Jun 14, 2017 - 6:42 AM in reply to Knight

Hi Knight and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Correct on the 2nd guess :). You will need one Swiss Travel Pass for each adult - but just one Swiss Family Card to cover both kids.

The Swiss Travel Pass can be bought online here. You can then have it emailed to you for printing at home so you are ready to go as soon as you arrive in country. You can add on the free Swiss Family Card when ordering it.
The kids will travel free with on every route in Switzerland (even on the routes where you have to pay a partial amount with the Swiss Travel Pass (where it is valid is noted here).

Lucas

Knight
Knight
2 posts
Jun 15, 2017 - 12:25 PM in reply to Lucas

Thanks, Lucas! Good to know that one of my guesses was right -- I just wish it had been my first guess! :)

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018