How many days for Geneva, Interlaken and Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2018 at 7:50:46 #815476

We are a family of five – 2 adults and 3 children. We plan to do a Europe Trip covering Switzerland and Munich.

We intend to start with Geneva, spend a night or two in Geneva and cover Interlaken and move on to Zurich to fly out to Munich.

Arrival in Geneva would be 30 jul and intend to depart from zurich to munich on 05 aug.G

Query

1) Grateful if you could advise whether the days from 30 jul to 05 aug is enough to spend in switzerland to cover the above mentioned cities and neighbouring places. If required we are willing to even cancel out Munich from our itinerary to have an extended stay in Swiss.

2) Would it be easier to include Lucerne / Bern also in our sightseeing trip in terms of distance and time taken to travel ?

Look forward to hear from you soon.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2018 at 12:15:25 #882965

Hi Salex6534, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

6 days is not a lot and it also depends on what you would like to see and do. I wouldn’t spend too much time in Geneva and Zurich. I wouldn’t definitely include Lucerne in your itinerary. Bern can be done as a day trip from Interlaken.

I suggest you read the information on the following webpages:

I hope this helps get you started. Once you have a draft itinerary feel free to share it with us and we will help finalize it.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2018 at 18:41:27 #882966

We are staying in Geneva for 02 nights and then moving onto Wildersil.

We have booked an apartment at Wilderswil. Staying at Wilderswil for 03 nights, check-in on 01/08 after 4PM and checkout on 04/08 by 10AM.

Please advise if we can cover Bern, Lucerne and Interlaken by using a Swiss Rail Pass during these 03 nights.

We stay in Zurich on 04/08 and checkout on 05/08 to the airport to leave to Munich.

I do not know if the above information is enough. Please guide me through to the places / sights in and around. Children would also like to visit the Alps to experience the snow.

Thank you.

Arno
    15481 posts
    23 April 2018 at 19:44:44 #882967

Hi Salex6534,

You’ve included a lot of cities in your itinerary. That’s of course fine if that’s what you want, but if you want to experience the Alps I’d recommend to at least skip visiting Interlaken. Use your best weather day to go to Jungfraujoch instead in order to see snow and the Jungfrau Region south of Wilderswil. There’s not much to see in Interlaken.

As your visit is in mid summer Jungfraujoch will most probably be the only accessible place with snow.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2018 at 5:50:33 #882968

Yes, you can cover them. Depending on which rail pass you choose your trips will be fully or partly covered. I’ve given you links earlier to plan your trip and to help you choosing the best rail pass.

Please have a look at our Bernese Oberland page as well: http://www.myswissalps.com/be rneseoberland. It has a lot of tips for the region.

• The thread ‘How many days for Geneva, Interlaken and Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.